"The longest glacier in The Alps..." Riederalp by Tripack
Riederalp Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 42 photos
The Great Aletsch glacier and the UNESCO World Heritage site Jungfrau-Aletsch-Bietschhorn
No matter whether you are at Moosfluh, Bettmerhorn, or Eggishorn, the view of the Aletsch glacier is unique: you can admire the glacier from up above with a gorgeous view of the enormous stream of ice. This is quite unusual because anywhere else in the Alps you usually have to look up to a glacier. Another impressive fact about the Aletsch glacier is its length: at 23 kilometers (75,463 ft), the Aletsch glacier is the longest stream of ice in the Alps. The catchment area in the Jungfrau region lies at about 4,000 m (13,124 ft) above sea level; the glacier cave in the Massa gorge is about 2,500 m (8,202 ft) lower.
Written Sep 19, 2004
Aletsch - Bettmeralp hiking
Written Sep 29, 2008
Tripack's Related Pages
Riederalp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The longest glacier in The Alps..."
- "Riederalp, Switzerland Cross Country Skiing!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riederalp
- Hotels in Riederalp
- Transportation in Riederalp
- Restaurants in Riederalp
- Warnings and Dangers in Riederalp
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riederalp
- 1 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Riederalp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riederalp
Photos in RiederalpSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 170 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues