Brisbane Nightlife Tips by Tripack
Brisbane Nightlife: 75 reviews and 46 photos
Every day is a Friday's...
For my own file...
Exceptional riverside nightclub location.
Endless Thursday night with cheap evening AU$1 beer and AU$ 2 spirits till midnight (prices in 2000)...
Openings hours : 11PM - 11AM
Address: 123 Eagle Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
Under Down Bar
Just a review for my own file...
The Australian Down Under Bar is where students and backpackers converge with most nights leading to raucous partying into the early hours.
With the bar situated under the heritage-listed Palace Backpackers building, locals have been known to suddenly disappear during the night only to be found the next day in one of the 350 hostel beds. They are usually suffering a hangover but have happily done their bit for improving Australian-international relations.
The venue doesn't go for fancy decor. Instead, it focuses on creating revelry through free kegs, weekly movie nights, games, and spontaneous cheap alcohol specials announced over booming loudspeakers.
Unfortunately, not every one is allowed into the venue - you must be card-carrying students or legitimate backpackers.
HOURS: Mon-Sun 12:00am-3:00am
Dress Code: Dressed at the beginning of the night... naked at the end ;-)
Address: 308 Edward St (Cnr Ann St), Brisbane, QLD 7000
AUS has Cowgirls ;-)
Nice place with different atmospheres, ask for special jug (1.1 liter) of the day, dance floor + game's room upstairs, open air garden with friendly ambiance and often live music.
A safe place... bouncers are very efficient as usual, I even saw somebody (not me this time;-) to leave the pub without touching the floor...
Somebody inform me that the Vic sold its soul to VB? I immediatly check their website... But by chance their staff are still very efficient see picture 8-O...
...seems that USA has Cowboys but AUS has Cowgirls, mmeeeeeeuuuh.... The Swiss crazy cow will be back soon...
Dress Code: No T-shirt, no white socks, black shoes, don't forget your ID if you look under 25 years.
Address: 127 Edward Street, Brisbane
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (6)
- Great city centre location
- Admire a Sunset on the Oceanside
- See All XXXX for one day, XXXX forever...
Tripack's Related Pages
Brisbane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BRISBANE - CAPITAL OF QUEENSLAND"
- "MY HOME"
- "Be it ever so humble......."
- "Home on the Range"
- "A big country town.................."
- "OK BRISBANE, HERE I COME"
- "Brisbane - the big country town has come of age!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brisbane
- Hotels in Brisbane
- Transportation in Brisbane
- Nightlife in Brisbane
- Restaurants in Brisbane
- Shopping in Brisbane
- Warnings and Dangers in Brisbane
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brisbane
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Brisbane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brisbane
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 170 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (140)
- Southbank- 61 Reviews, 123 Photos
- Roma Street Parklands- 25 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary- 27 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo- 11 Reviews, 26 Photos
- City Cat- 14 Reviews, 23 Photos
- City Hall- 30 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Mt Cootha- 13 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Botanical Gardens- 25 Reviews, 41 Photos
- ChinaTown- 6 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Story Bridge- 14 Reviews, 23 Photos
See All Brisbane Things to Do