Sydney Hotel Tips by Tripack
Sydney Hotels: 69,968 reviews and 514 photos
I got a great deal on the Meriton website. An apartment was a good option vs B&B or hotel, no breakfast but who cares... you get your own kitchen, laundry so no timetable to eat or to wash... Freedom and independence ;-)
A real good choice and central location. At check-in time, the efficient staff upgrade my 1 bedroom apartment booking for a 2 bedroom + 2 bathroom apartment with terrace for free! A nice 4 stars stay in my large modern and convenient flat (83m2). Cleaning/bed was done everyday and nothing to complain.
A large indoor swimming pool, a whirpool, a sauna and a fitness room are available for all guests.
Little drawbacks : WIFI access is not free and soundproof windows could be improved.
A great location to explore Sydney. The lively George Street is next door, 5 minutes on foot to/from Central station/Darling Harbour/China Town, 25 minutes to/from Circular Quay/Opera House/The Rocks.
Address: 534 Kent St., Sydney, 2000, Australia
Comparison: about average
Novotel on Darling Harbour
I usually prefer smaller hotel but this one was very convenient about its Sydney's location.
This 525 rooms hotel is very well located in Darling Harbour with great city views. My room was clean, spacious with all standard equippements. You could reach within a short walk the Aquarium, IMAX, shopping, the Powerhouse Museum, Maritime Museum Chinese Garden and lots of restaurants, cafes and clubs. Just to the front of the hotel there is a monorail stop to travel around.
At the hotel you will find a restaurant, a lounge bar, a gaming lounge, a swimming pool, an outdoor private closed parking and a fitness center .
You could easily rent a car from the hotel to do a day trip excursion as I did to the Blue Mountains.
Unique Qualities: Very well located in Sydney center. All main attractions are easily reachable within a short walk.
Address: 100 Murray Street, , Sydney, State of New South Wa
Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (28)
- See All Orbit Bar - unlimited free views of...
- See All Sydney Aquarium
- See All Colorful Sydney by Night
- See All Beware of blury Sydney views...
- My funny discovery of local slang......
Tripack's Related Pages
Sydney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What do you do with your weekend?"
- "Love Those Sydneysiders"
- "Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
- "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- "The best start to any adventure Down Under"
- "City of Water and Trees"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sydney
- Hotels in Sydney
- Transportation in Sydney
- Nightlife in Sydney
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Shopping in Sydney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sydney
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ivy Lodge
- Surf Beach Condo Hotel Resort
- Bilyana Beach Hotel
- Radisson Hotel Hampton
- Millbrook Resort Queenstown
- Arabellasheraton Hotel Jagdhof
- Gloria Plaza Hotel Nanchang (88 Yan Jiang North Road Nancha )
- Winchester Royal Hotel
- Camping Europa
- Weston House Hotel
- Buffalo Bay Backpackers
- Best Western Eviston House Hotel
- Driftwood Shores Inn
- Central Hotel
Badges & Stats in Sydney
- 30 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sydney
- Posted in Travel Brig Forum "Re: Car Shuttle Train"
- updated a Sydney Travel Page "An Olympic Dream and still a Dream City"
- Wrote a Review Orbit Bar - unlimited free views of Sydney about Scenic Walks in Sydney Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Orbit Bar - unlimited free views of Sydney"
- Commented on one of AmazingAdventures's Sydney travel pages
Photos in SydneySee All Photos (62)
Read real reviews about Sydney Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 169 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (138)
Latest Sydney hotel reviews
- Hotel 59 Sydney
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
- 465 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- The Kirketon Hotel
- 309 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Meriton Waterloo, Danks Street
- 257 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- PARKROYAL Parramatta
- 212 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Challis Lodge Sydney
- 176 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Maze Backpackers / CB Hotel Sydney
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Gemini Hotel Sydney
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2010
- Cremorne Point Manor
- 182 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Eva's Backpackers
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Wood Duck Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 26, 2013
- Lido Suites
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Parkridge Corporate Apartments
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2011
- Medina Classic Crows Nest
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Sydney Opera House- 170 Reviews, 278 Photos
- Blue Mountains- 101 Reviews, 149 Photos
- Darling Harbour- 163 Reviews, 285 Photos
- The Rocks- 105 Reviews, 166 Photos
- Queen Victoria Building- 46 Reviews, 86 Photos
- AMP Centre Point Tower- 61 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Harbour Bridge- 186 Reviews, 277 Photos
- Circular Quay- 78 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Chinatown- 30 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Taronga Zoo- 85 Reviews, 174 Photos
See All Sydney Things to Do