Yvoire Things to Do Tips by Tripack Top 5 Page for this destination
Yvoire Things to Do: 18 reviews and 51 photos
A bright steeple visible far away
You could not miss the steeple of Saint Pancras Church.
Its onion-shaped dome was built in the XIXth century. Due to the rust damages, it was renovated with stainless steel and gold leaves for the top bowl and cock.
A bright steeple visible far away.
A green restaurant
The last invasion of Yvoire is surely by the greenery.
When stolling in the streets, you could enjoy many flowers and the famous Garden of the Fives Senses (entrance fee).
Since many years Yvoire is elected among the most beautiful bloomed village of France.
To access to Yvoire, the best and relaxing way is by boat on the Geneva lake.
From Geneva or Lausanne Ouchy, it is a pleasant 1h45mn cruise.
Yvoire has an exceptionnal location on the French shoreside of Geneva Lake. During the Middle Age the city was fortified due to its strategical position. In the XVIst century after fierce battle, the castle was burned and the village turn into a more peacefully place by hosting fishermen and farmers. Nowadays you could still admire these past witnesses as fortified walls, doors and houses invaded by a luxuriant greenery and many tourists ;-)
More Reviews (5)
Tripack's Related Pages
Yvoire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yvoire in bloom..."
- "Yvoire – a colorful medieval village"
- "Medieval gem"
- "A flowering medieval town"
- "Magical Medieval Village at France Swiss Border"
- "A charming village on Lake Geneva"
- "Medieval Times"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yvoire
- Hotels in Yvoire
- Transportation in Yvoire
- Restaurants in Yvoire
- Warnings and Dangers in Yvoire
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mummelsee Hotels
- Key Biscayne Hotels
- Tsuyama Hotels
- Dushanbe Hotels
- Santa Elena de Uairén
- Province of Sabaragamuwa
- Tizi Imlil
Badges & Stats in Yvoire
- 9 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Yvoire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yvoire
- Posted in Travel Brig Forum "Re: Car Shuttle Train"
- Commented on one of Dabs's Yvoire travel pages
- Wrote a Review Different price at different place about Prices Cafe/Bar/Restaurant in Yvoire Local Customs
- updated a Yvoire Travel Page "Yvoire – a colorful medieval village"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cruise to Yvoire"
Photos in YvoireSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 169 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (138)
Latest Yvoire hotel reviews
- Hotel Restaurant du Port
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013