"Stoughton Wisconsin" Stoughton by Travel2write
Stoughton Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
Home is sleeping in my own bed.
Home is waking up to the smell of the wife's cooking.
Home is sharing the holidays with family.
Home is singing karoke in the living room.
Home is a warm place to be.
Home is sweet.
Home is the place for me.
Home is filled with love.
Home is blessed from heaven above.
Home is where my heart is.
Home has a strong foundation.
It can weather any storm.
Home is where I belong.
When I go away,
I know I can come back to stay.
Home is a beautiful place.
First settled in 1847, Stoughton quickly grew into a thriving community. Many of the immigrants who settled in Stoughton were of Norwegian descent. Stoughton today is famous for its Victorian-style homes, historic architecture, stunning waterscapes and strong Norwegian heritage.
The end of World War I marked the end of Stoughton's boom years. The emergence of automobiles and tractors brought about the demise of the wagon factories. Tobacco growing depleted the soil, and that industry collapsed. Then, after lean years in the 1920's and 1930's, Stoughton experienced an economic upswing, as several major industries opened.
Today, the city continues to thrive, and the population has grown to over 12,000 citizens.
- Pros:Small and quaint!
- In a nutshell:Nice place to live!
Food was outstanding, clean and very very affordable. Carne Asada Burritos! Ummmmmmm! more travel advice
Travel2write's Related Pages
Stoughton Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Stoughton
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Stoughton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stoughton
Photos in StoughtonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guam Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Singapore Intro, 31 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sasebo Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 9 photos
- Dubai Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos