"Hudson! Welcome to Wisconsin!" Hudson by Travel2write
Hudson Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 7 photos
Hudson combines natural beauty, a clean environment, a healthy lifestyle and respect for both arts and architecture.
Whether it’s golfing, dining, boating, cross-county skiing, snow-tubing, antique hunting, or just relaxing at historic B&B’s or one of the several motels, Hudson welcomes you to the beautiful St. Croix Valley.
They say location is everything – and what could be better than a beautiful spot between the beautiful St. Croix River and the bluffs of western Wisconsin – all just 20 minutes east of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.
Hudson was founded in the summer of 1840 by Louis Massey and Peter Bouchea. Massey and Bouchea settled at the mouth of the Willow River, now the vicinity of First and St. Croix Streets. The 1840s saw a few settlers making their appearance here -- Captain John Page, the Nobles brothers, Dr. Philip Aldrich, Ammah Andrews, Moses Perrin, Colonel James Hughes, Daniel Anderson and others.
- Pros:Great place to spend a nice day!
- Cons:Cold in the winter!
- In a nutshell:Wisconsin!
One of the many locations along the river to fish, feed the ducks and enjoy the St. Croix River, a national scenic... more travel advice
Travel2write's Related Pages
Hudson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hudson! Welcome to Wisconsin!"
- "nutcasefam's Hudson Page"
- "Hudson, US"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hudson
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Hudson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hudson
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guam Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Singapore Intro, 31 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sasebo Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 9 photos
- Dubai Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos