"Two days in Bangkok!" Bangkok by Travel2write
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,495 reviews and 23,623 photos
Bangkok, population 8,538,610 (1990), is the capital and largest city of Thailand. The city is located on the east bank of the Chao Phraya River, near the Gulf of Thailand. Bangkok is one of the fastest-growing, most economically dynamic and socially progressive cities in Southeast Asia. Local people like to think that it is emerging as a regional centre to rival Singapore and Hong Kong, but it suffers from major infrastructure and social problems as a result of its rapid growth. It is also one of the world's most popular tourist destinations.
An elaborate network of canals (khlong) gave the city the nickname "Venice of the East", at a time when all transportation was done by boat. Today almost all are filled in and converted into traffic-filled streets. However, many do still exist, with people living along them, and markets being conducted there as well.
Several elevated highways, and a partially-finished ring road around Greater Bangkok, have been built to overcome the jams.
- Pros:Great shopping!
- Cons:Traffis, Smog!
- In a nutshell:Still more to see!
It's important to know your risks! ------------------------------------------ MEDICAL FACILITIES: Medical treatment is... more travel advice
Travel2write's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
- Posted in Travel Africa Forum "Re: Namibia/Botswana camping safari"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch more than the booty!"
- Commented on one of DarkRay's Bangkok travel pages
- updated a Bangkok Travel Page "Two days in Bangkok!"
- Wrote a Review Patpong? To go, or not to go? about Patpong in Bangkok Nightlife
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guam Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Singapore Intro, 31 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sasebo Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 9 photos
- Dubai Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos