"Subic has changed" Subic by Travel2write
Subic Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 27 photos
Subic Bay is a bay on the west coast of the island of Luzon in the Philippines, about 100km northwest of Manila Bay. It is a successful industrial and commercial area known as the Subic Bay Freeport Zone under the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority.
Subic Bay is surrounded by Olongapo City, the town of Subic and the Subic Bay Freeport Zone, both in the province of Zambales. Development of Olongapo City was largely tied to the presence of the United States Navy base at Subic Bay, once the largest U.S. military base in Asia. An arsenal and ship-repair facility was established at Subic Bay in 1885 by the then colonial power, Spain. Following the Spanish-American war of 1898–1899, Subic Bay became a U.S. Navy and Marine base, and grew to be a major facility.
- Cons:Still a large leap between the have's and have not's...
- In a nutshell:Everything is growing!
Once you arrive in Barrio Barreto or Subic area, primary transportation is easily attained as the street have plenty of... more travel advice
Travel2write's Related Pages
Subic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Subic Bay Freeport Zone"
- "SUBIC BAY"
- "barrio baretto / subic city"
- "Around Subic Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Subic
- Hotels in Subic
- Transportation in Subic
- Restaurants in Subic
- Warnings and Dangers in Subic
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Subic
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Subic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Subic
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guam Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Singapore Intro, 31 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sasebo Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 9 photos
- Dubai Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos