"Veiled Vatican" Vatican City by ayesh
Vatican City Travel Guide: 1,267 reviews and 3,878 photos
With the St. Peter basilica as it´s best known feature the Vatican is considered the holy city of the world for catholisicm, and is under the authority of the pope.
It comprises St Peter’s Church, St Peter’s Square, the Vatican and the Vatican Gardens. It has its own railway station, its own newspaper, radio station, post office and of course immense archives and countless pieces of art.
Only 500 true inhabitants it has. And one can enter through just 3 gates, all guarded by the Swiss Guards.
For most visitors, however, most parts of the Vatican City will always stay a mistery. Not invisible she is, but veiled. It is absolutely worth lifting the tip of the veil and peek under it.
- Pros:The largest concentration of art I have ever seen...
- Cons:Even in November there are só many visitors!
- In a nutshell:Overwhelming decorations and pure splendour; even if you´re not really into it all.
I found this one of the most impressive sights during our stay in Rome and the Vatican. You will have to book this... more travel advice
ayesh's Related Pages
Vatican City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vatican City - Holy See"
- "The Holy See: A Pilgrim's Report"
- "Destination: Citta Del Vaticano"
- "A country in a City!"
- "VATICAN CITY"
- "Vatican CHRISTMAS 2005"
- "weekend at the Vatican"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vatican City
- Hotels in Vatican City
- Transportation in Vatican City
- Nightlife in Vatican City
- Restaurants in Vatican City
- Shopping in Vatican City
- Warnings and Dangers in Vatican City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vatican City
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Vatican City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vatican City
Photos in Vatican CitySee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bundesland Oberösterreich Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Digue Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue