"The Holy Land" Israel by maritagnes

Israel Travel Guide: 9,063 reviews and 26,747 photos

If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither...Ps.137,5

Three incredible weeks I experienced in Israel back in 1987. My friends and I stayed in the middle between Bethlehem and Jerusalem, and during these unforgettable days we had the opportunity to see various parts of the country from North to South by rental car.
I came to Israel for studying purposes, arrived at the airport in Tel Aviv just like another tourist, but found myself becoming a pilgrim after only a short time in this country...

• Last visit to Israel: Apr 1987
  • Intro Written Nov 19, 2001

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2005 at 11:57 AM

It was interesting to read your tips and compare them with my own impressions. Well done.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 9:37 PM

Outstanding page! Very good info and beautiful pictures of the Holy Land.

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 7:05 AM

Wonderful information and photos.

• KaiM's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2004 at 8:19 AM

Great page! It seems like you memorized a lot even after such a long time since you've been there.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2004 at 1:22 PM

Outstanding travelogues. Really enjoyed your pages because I know I'll never be able to see it myself. Too dangerous right now and has been for so long. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

• Nov 3, 2003 at 12:12 AM

Excellant pages, beautiful albums and useful tips..Highly useful to a tourist.Many many happy returns of the day.Wishing you a happy birthday and great times ahead

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2003 at 1:59 PM

From hearing only the bad news about Israel, I tend to forget that there are nice peaceful places to see in the country.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2003 at 4:10 AM

Some nice pics from Masada, did you know that it was declared a World Heritage Site last year, there are some pics from the ceremony on my page is you are interested.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2003 at 10:14 AM

Very well done-beautiful photos. I should hope that in the near future I would be able to visit this historical land!!

• Porteplume's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2003 at 12:03 PM

Very nice photography of a - my view - still mysterious country... Amical bonjour - Viviane

maritagnes

“The world is a rose: smell it and pass it on to your friends.”

Badges & Stats in Israel