Bodø Things to Do Tips by maritagnes Top 5 Page for this destination
Bodø Things to Do: 28 reviews and 32 photos
Nordland Culture centre is surrounded by a pleasant open outdoor area with horses, duck ponds and walking paths.
There was earlier an agricultural school here, but nowadays the buildings are used for cultural purposes, exhibitions and galleries. The park is a lovely place to walk around, take pictures and look at the animals with the children.
Address: Gamle Riksvei
Directions: Vis-à-vis the Bodin church
The fortress with the cannons. It's great to look into the town from this side.
Fridthjov Anderssen - the composer
A bit hidden away in the Solparken - but looking towards the church where he once was an organist - Bodø's own composer Fridthjov Anderssen (1876-1937)
<B>Solparken</B> - The Sun Park is an old and central area of our town - being a green open space between the museum, the cathedral, the town hall and the upper villa quarters of the town.
The name witnesses about the indomitable optimism of the North Norwegian people :)
The National Aviation museum is located in Bodo and has an impressive collection of old aeroplanes. The museum shows the history of both civil and military aviation in Norway.
A fortress which was built for the World War I,
but never came to be used. Later the fortress was ruined, but is now reconstructed and has become a lovely area for a daytrip or a picnic, with a great view into the town.
There have been donated a number of cannons to the fortress, which are saluted on special events, and the fortress even has its own parade guards with uniforms.
Exterior of Bodin church.
This beautiful old memorial stone is to be found behind the church, on the rear wall.
The grave belongs to the historical and legendary minister of the church Hans Lauritson Blix (1596-1666)
Postcard showing the altarpiece from the beautiful Bodin medieval church.
The oldest part of the church dates from 1240, the newer part was raised in 1784/85.
During springtime 2003 a new baroque style organ from "Alfred Führer Orgelbau" will make a great addition to this beautiful church.
Directions: The church is located about 4 kilometres outside the town centre, a five minutes walk from the Bodøsjøen Camping. The church is also visited daily by the guided tours of the yellow "tourist train"
the pier of Bodø harbour
The pier in Bodø's harbour was decorated a few years ago with these pieces of artwork - or perforated stones - along the seaside promenade.
They are Bodø's addition to the Culture Artscape Nordland, which is a unique outdoor art project, which most of the Nordland municipalities took part in.
Directions: The pier starting near the Radison SAS hotel.
More Reviews (25)
- See All Eat Italian
- See All Burøya in winter setting
- See All Small and cosy pension
- See All Having fun on a warm summer day
- See All A visitor from the past generation
maritagnes' Related Pages
Bodø Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bodo - A pearl in Northern Norway"
- "Northern Exposure à la Bodø"
- "Journey along the Arctic Highway"
- "Bus Journey from Narvik to Bod?"
- "kalypso's lofoten page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bodø
- Hotels in Bodø
- Transportation in Bodø
- Nightlife in Bodø
- Restaurants in Bodø
- Shopping in Bodø
- Warnings and Dangers in Bodø
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ile Perrot Hotels
- Narayanganj Hotels
- Warmond Hotels
- Fort Tejon State Historic Park Hotels
- Silay City
Badges & Stats in Bodø
- 43 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 262 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Bodø?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bodø
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodø Intro, 43 reviews, 83 photos, 7 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trondheim Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 8 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Røst Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Denmark Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues