"Bodo - A pearl in Northern Norway" Top 5 Page for this destination Bodø by maritagnes
Bodø Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 262 photos
Let it be said at once, Bodø is not a haven for architecture lovers, nor a sunbathing paradise. But it offers so much more. This little town, looking a bit modest at first sight hides many treasures under its surface. The town is surrounded by breath-taking natural beauty and when you look a little closer you discover that it offers lots of activities, attractions and interesting thing to see and do, outdoors as well as indoors. Besides of being the port to Lofoten, Bodø has a soul of its own. This is also where you find high-level education offered: check Hbo , the town has a lively student environment and it serves, not least,as home for more than 40.000 interesting, talented and friendly people.
The photos in the travelogues are meant to cover different areas and places in the county of Nordland.
The town centre, with it's wooden houses in all kind of colours, has plenty of green spots, which contributes to the feeling of not being in a very urban place, while still keeping most adventages of a medium size town. Bodø is a town where you can still see the colour of the sky, and the open view to the harbour gives a feeling of freedom.
Strolling along the harbour of Bodø you can occasionally meet beautiful samples of various traditional vessels that use to traffic the coast of Nordland.There are local enthusiasts that still keep this rich coastal tradition alive. A tradition here represented by a member of the Nordland boat family, which came in various sizes and were a common sight in earlier times.
- Pros:The natural beauty, a rich cultural life and nice people
- Cons:No weather guarantee granted, but watch up for wonderful summer days, they do occur ;-)
- In a nutshell:A pleasant place to live - and be a student
Great Italian restaurant in the heart of Bod?. I found the kitchen very satisfying - and the interior is nice. The... more travel advice
The fortress with the cannons. It's great to look into the town from this side. more travel advice
- See All Small and cosy pension
- See All Having fun on a warm summer day
- See All A visitor from the past generation
- See All Jazz and Rock scene
maritagnes' Related Pages
Bodø Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bodo - A pearl in Northern Norway"
- "Northern Exposure à la Bodø"
- "Journey along the Arctic Highway"
- "Bus Journey from Narvik to Bod?"
- "kalypso's lofoten page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bodø
- Hotels in Bodø
- Transportation in Bodø
- Nightlife in Bodø
- Restaurants in Bodø
- Shopping in Bodø
- Warnings and Dangers in Bodø
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bodø
- 43 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 262 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bodø?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bodø
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodø Intro, 43 reviews, 83 photos, 7 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trondheim Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 8 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Røst Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Denmark Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues