"Sea, mountains and poetry" Sandhornøya by maritagnes
Sandhornøya Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 28 photos
Sandhornøy is an island belonging to the municipality of Gildeskål.
The island is named after the mountain called SANDHORNET, or as it would be called in English: "the Sand Horn."
Poetry in the title of this page refers to the fact that one of Norways best known and celebrated hymn writers, Elias Blix, was born and raised here.
North Norwegian hymnwriter
"Å,eg veit meg eit land
langt der oppe mot nord,
med ei lysande strand
Mellom høgfjell og fjord.
Der eg gjerne er gjest
der mitt hjarte er fest
med dei finaste band.
Å, eg minnes, eg minnes
Så vel dette land."
The famous hymnwriter and priest Elias Blix was born here the 24th February 1836, and a statue is raised for him next... more travel advice
The little community of Våg - Sandhornøy as seen from the hillside above while I was walking in the mountains. more travel advice
maritagnes' Related Pages
Sandhornøya Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sandhornøya
- 8 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sandhornøya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sandhornøya
Photos in SandhornøyaSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodø Intro, 43 reviews, 83 photos, 7 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trondheim Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 8 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Røst Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Denmark Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues