"My Other Home, Vashon Island" Vashon by hprior
Vashon Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 5 photos
I spent most of the summers of my life on this island in Washington's Puget Sound. I lived several winters on it when I was older and it is very much a part of who I am.
Anyone who has the experience of island living has a unique perspective on life. It's like living no other way...country living but not quite.
Unfortunately it has been "discovered" and prices have gone sky high for real estate, and the chic crowd has come, but still, the Island manages to stay the same, bless her. She endures in the middle of high techdom and latte land and remains a haven for those of us who grew up watching the clams spit and the tide go in and out.
Growing up on the beach, the thing that sticks out in my mind was the times we would go clam digging or when my Uncle... more travel advice
It depends on what you want to do and when you want to do it. It rains a lot in the Northwest so rain gear is... more travel advice
- See All Taking the ferry is the only...
- Vashon has a Russian Orthodox...
- Well, there isn't a night life...
hprior's Related Pages
Vashon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Other Home, Vashon Island"
- "Small Town is Center of Vashon Island Community"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vashon
- 10 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Vashon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vashon
Photos in VashonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Vashon Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Morocco Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Egypt Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Peru Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mexico Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Saudi Arabia Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Ethiopia Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- France Intro, 1 review, 2 photos