"Short Visit to Aksu" Aksu by nepalgoods

Aksu Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 14 photos

One Highlight of my Trip to Silkroad in 2007

The new road from Aksu to Kashgar via Wushi and Akqi was the only reason to stop here overnight. The trips along the road has to start in early morning as it takes about 10 hours drive. For more see my tips on this page!

Next Stop on my Trip in June 2007:

Kashgar

A page with lots of highlights!: Karakorum Highway, Cattle Market, Id Kah Mosque...

• Last visit to Aksu: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 15, 2007

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Interesting complement to your Kashgar page!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I love such bleak remote places! Thank you for sharing your trip with us all

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2007 at 3:01 AM

I do not like such a long ride - just experienced a 10 h ride from Zagreb - my butt is still hurting ;-)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2007 at 10:21 PM

Interesting, indeed! It is fascinating to have a look through all your new pages, Ulrike!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 12:36 AM

another interesting place that I have never heared of , but I really enjoyed the great pics in the travelogue !

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 1:20 PM

One more almost unknown for me place. Mauntain landscapes are beautiful though roads doesn't look very safe... Thanks Ulrike for the virtual tour!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 4:53 PM

I can see why you said Aksu is quite unremarkable based on the view from your hotel! The Travelogue photos are fantastic, so good they should instead be in your tips somewhere!!

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Aksu