"Chongqing and the Yangzi River" Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing by nepalgoods
Chongqing Travel Guide: 228 reviews and 768 photos
It was raining, when I was in Chongqing in spring 1991. So I got the impression, there is not much to see. But I must have missed the best, as I found out seeing the Chongqing-Pages on VT. Now, when I came back to Chongqing in September 2005, the weather was very nice. We even had an almost clear sky!
Anyway, Chongqing is the city, where you start a Yangzi-Cruise or from where you can go to Dazu with its famous Buddhist sculptures.
This time I had the opportunity to see some sightseeingspots in Chongqing.
I still think, that Chongqing is not very attractive. This Mega-City now has about 30 million people living in thousands of ugly highrise buildings. Main purpose for most people to visit Chongqing is the Yangzi River. From here the Yangzi River Cruises start. So this page is mainly about the Yangzi River Cruise, I did in 2005. A few pics are from the tour on the Yangzi River I did in 1991. What a different tour this was! 1991 on a ship for Chinese people, who just want to go from one city to the other. No sightseeing than. But in 2005: a cruise on a comfortable ship with fullboard and many tours to the mayer sightseeing spots around the river. Please see my tips for more.
From Chongqing it is not far to Dazu, specially since the new highway is build. As I did not find Dazu on the VT-Map, I am showing my Dazu-Tips on this page. In 1991 I visited the Buddha-Grottoes of Beishan. When I came back in 2005 I had the opprtunity to visit the sculptures of Baodingshan. For more informations see my tips.
- Pros:Clean, friendly, much to see in and around Chongqing
- Cons:Thousands of highrise-buildings for 30 million people
- In a nutshell:Nice and interesting city for a visit of 2 or 3 days
Chongqing's weather is very warm. In winter it hardly ever gets below 0 C. In summer it is very, very hot and humid.... more travel advice
About 130km away from chongqing is Dazu, an old small town. There is a odern highway nw, which makes the trip to Dazu a... more travel advice
nepalgoods' Related Pages
Chongqing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chongqing - the mountain city"
- "Chongqing and the Yangzi River"
- "The world's largest city?"
- "Start of the Yangzi River Cruise"
- "Amazing Chongqing"
- "MacKiwi's Chongqing Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chongqing
- Hotels in Chongqing
- Transportation in Chongqing
- Nightlife in Chongqing
- Restaurants in Chongqing
- Shopping in Chongqing
- Warnings and Dangers in Chongqing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chongqing
- 16 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Chongqing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chongqing
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos