"Datong" Top 5 Page for this destination Datong by nepalgoods
Datong Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 124 photos
Short after the Transsiberian Train reaches the lower plains after descending from the Gobi-Desert the station of Datong lies in the middle of coal mines and fruit plantations.
The old part of the city - I hope - still exists with a city wall, narrow streets and temples. 2009-the old city still exists - it is being renovated and the city wall reconstructed - more in my tips
From Datong you can easily reach the
Buddhist caves of Yungang, which lies 16km from Datong.
I visited Datong in 1988 - many things have changed since then!
The Garden Hotel was recommended to me by a friend in Beijing. He also organized for me a transfer form the trainstation... more travel advice
The city wall of datong has not been torn down, but for many many years it was just not noticed. Now the former mayor... more travel advice
nepalgoods' Related Pages
Datong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stop by in Datong on your way from Beijing to Xian"
- "Budas y Templos / Budhas and Temples"
- "Driving from Beijing to Datong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Datong
- Hotels in Datong
- Transportation in Datong
- Restaurants in Datong
- Warnings and Dangers in Datong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Datong
- 14 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Datong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Datong
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos