Jimingyi Things to Do Tips by nepalgoods
Jimingyi Things to Do: 3 reviews and 8 photos
The city wall has first been build in 1472 as an earth wall. Later the fortifications were strengthend by brickwalls (1570).
There are only 2 mayor gates: the Eastern and the Western Gate, which are still the main entrances to the city. They are connected by a dirt track, which people call a street. I would not have thought, that it is possible to enter the city through the gates by car. But it is possible!
The Watchtowers at the East Gate are from 1738.
"There are eight ancient temples, such as the Confucian Temple, the Temple of the Dragon King, and the Temple of Fortune, all in very poor shape in the town. The Temple of Eternal Tranquility is the oldest, with a history of more than 800 years. Visitors can see wall paintings from the Ming Dynasty that are still surprisingly complete and fresh in color. From the sizes of the temples, you may see the influence of Buddhism, Taoism and Christianity in the city."
That is what I found out about Must See's in Jimingyi. It is sometimes very difficult to get into the temples. Depends on whether there is somebody to open the doors.
The house, where Cixi stayed
Empress Dowager Cixi passed through this strategically important posthouse fleeing the Western allied forces that were attacking Beijing in the late 19th century. The house where she stayed is still standing.
More Reviews (2)
nepalgoods' Related Pages
Jimingyi Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lapu-Lapu City Hotels
- Accra Hotels
- Napa Hotels
- Tagbilaran City Hotels
Badges & Stats in Jimingyi
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Jimingyi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jimingyi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 96 reviews, 203 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 208 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos