"Kashgar 1992//Kashgar 2007" Top 5 Page for this destination Kashgar by nepalgoods

Kashgar Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 272 photos

Kashgar - my dream!

After crossing the Kunjherab coming from Pakistan I finally arrived in Kashgar. This whole trip has been a dream come true! In Kashgar I left behind the overwhelming landscapes of the Himalayas and arrived at the big Taklamakan Desert.

Kashgar is more Uigur than Chinese. Highlight is the big Sunday Market. It is a colorful and exotic world. Orient at its best.

I had the luck and the privilege to visit Kashgar for a second time in my life! On my tour in June 2007 a day-trip to Karakul Lake on Karakorum Highway and a visit of the cattle market were highlights, which brought tears of happiness to my eyes!

1992/2007

Many things have changed in Kashgar since 1992! I'll try to show the differences. I like this bustling oasis in Taklamakan Desert. Kashgar is definitely worth a visit. Now and in future!

Next Stop on my Trip in June 2007:

was Kyrgystan.

Next page Irkeshtam: the border between China and Kyrgystan at about 3.000m high. Stunning mountains awaiting you - enjoy!

• Last visit to Kashgar: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2007

• Kanjoo's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2011 at 4:01 AM

Great pix. Just wonder how was the road from Gilgit to border post? How did you go further than border to Kashgar town?

• Aug 3, 2009 at 6:40 AM

Yes, it is true that if you keep walking towards small streets you feel like really been to Kashgar. www.silkroadtour.org

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Wow! What a wonderful trip and an interesting page! It is fascinating to compare 1992 and 2007. I had this opportunity in Albania (1988 vs 2005, 2007 and 2009)

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2009 at 2:52 AM

incredible to see the differences between the two visits. great page.

• Dec 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM

thanks for your information I wouldn't have considered spending time in western china but you've fired my imagination - what an exotic and interesting place

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2008 at 4:49 AM

Great info!

• mantru's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 4:37 AM

intresting page........

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2008 at 12:05 AM

What an interesting page! I especially liked your comparisons from those two trips with 15 years inbetween! Things sure do change!!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2008 at 5:50 AM

Great page on one of my dream destinations! Love the photos in the travelogues too :)

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 7:17 AM

Wonderful, Ulrike, great memories came back reading your Kashgar page, we also stayed in the Qinibag hotel

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Kashgar

Have you been to Kashgar?

Latest Activity in Kashgar