"Off the Beaten Path!!!" Nanchang by nepalgoods

Nanchang Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 122 photos

1st of October - National Holiday!

After visting Jingdezhen I wanted to go directly to Changsha to get another train to Kunming. But there was no way to get a direct train from Jingdezhen to Changsha. So I ahd to go to Nanchang first. Of course when I arrived in Nanchang I did not get a ticket for the next train to Changsha, but had to stay over night. I did not think of that it this Sep 30th was one day before Oct 1st the Chinese National Day. So I did not get a ticket for the next day and not for the day after. I had to stay 3 days in Nanchang and I had no idea, what to do or see. As it was completely off the beaten path, my guidebook did not say much about it and nobody spoke English. Nanchang is quite a big city but it is not beautiful. I spent the days walking around and watching TV in my room.

Party

In the end of my stay in Nanchang there I had one of my most wonderful expoeriences in China. I spent my last hours before the train came in Renmin park watching a Chinese party going on. A group of Chinese people celebrated the birthday of a teacher with performances of Tai Ji and Chinese Opera. For mroe please see my travelogue!

• Pros:Off the Beaten Path!
  • Cons:Boring!
  • In a nutshell:Don't go on National Holiday!
  • Last visit to Nanchang: Oct 1991
  • Intro Updated Dec 10, 2002

Travelogues (1)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 11:10 AM

I like your poverty tip. Well, we have a lot of poverty in our globe and quite different opinions on what to do about it...

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2004 at 3:17 AM

I love these Off the beaten path places! Nice page, Ulrike! Thanks so much for sharing!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2003 at 5:30 PM

a very fine page and info's I bet it wasn't a bit boring for you!! ^..^

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2003 at 11:21 AM

Brilliant page! Great shots of the celebrations

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2003 at 8:30 AM

Boring place but your Photos are not Boring for sure make it come alive and seem well less than Boring good job.

• Aug 5, 2003 at 12:31 PM

Quite nice, looks interesting.

• bonvoyageur's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2003 at 7:14 AM

Ulrike, thanks for sharing. Nanchang is now a special place for me because of my little friend there. Maybe you´ll see my Nanchang page one day.:-)

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2003 at 4:50 AM

How nice to be invited on a chinese party .... I guess they enjoyed your song. But it must have been an wonderful experience for both sides.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2003 at 5:52 AM

Well it looks like you made the best of the situation. Getting those train tickets in China can be hard to get sometimes! I'm sure they enjoyed your song and they are still talking about it! Very nice page!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2002 at 3:38 AM

a brilliant page and wonderful pics ! Poor people in the street ~~ but a 5* waitingroom - well Communism at it's best...

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Nanchang

Have you been to Nanchang?

Latest Activity in Nanchang