"Off the Beaten Path!!!" Nanchang by nepalgoods
Nanchang Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 135 photos
After visting Jingdezhen I wanted to go directly to Changsha to get another train to Kunming. But there was no way to get a direct train from Jingdezhen to Changsha. So I ahd to go to Nanchang first. Of course when I arrived in Nanchang I did not get a ticket for the next train to Changsha, but had to stay over night. I did not think of that it this Sep 30th was one day before Oct 1st the Chinese National Day. So I did not get a ticket for the next day and not for the day after. I had to stay 3 days in Nanchang and I had no idea, what to do or see. As it was completely off the beaten path, my guidebook did not say much about it and nobody spoke English. Nanchang is quite a big city but it is not beautiful. I spent the days walking around and watching TV in my room.
In the end of my stay in Nanchang there I had one of my most wonderful expoeriences in China. I spent my last hours before the train came in Renmin park watching a Chinese party going on. A group of Chinese people celebrated the birthday of a teacher with performances of Tai Ji and Chinese Opera. For mroe please see my travelogue!
- Pros:Off the Beaten Path!
- In a nutshell:Don't go on National Holiday!
There is this famous pavillion in Nachang, which is one of the few "Must See"s. Along the Yangtse river existed a couple... more travel advice
When I was in Nanchang there was a very beautiful exhibition of Bonsai-trees. I like those small trees, which together... more travel advice
nepalgoods' Related Pages
Nanchang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Off the Beaten Path!!!"
- "My Sweet Hometown----NanChang"
- "Nanchang: your reputation precedes you"
- "Two millenary religious structures in Nanchang"
- "Return to China"
- "nan chang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nanchang
- Hotels in Nanchang
- Transportation in Nanchang
- Nightlife in Nanchang
- Restaurants in Nanchang
- Shopping in Nanchang
- Warnings and Dangers in Nanchang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nanchang
- 9 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Nanchang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nanchang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos