"Xian" Xi'an by nepalgoods

Xi'an Travel Guide: 1,094 reviews and 2,997 photos

Old City

Xian has been the first city in China, that I put my feet on. I arrived from Hongkong in 1987 on the airport and was quite dissappointed by the small airport of Xian. Not really what I expected from a big city with millions of inhabitants!

I was very much impressed by the big city wall, which is about 12km long and in most parts still complete.

My last visit to Xian has been in August 1992. Xian had already changed a lot: now many modern shops and highrise buildings had been build along the main streets. But in the Muslim Quarter life seemed unchanged since ages.

Of course I visited the Terracotta-Army, which was one of my dreams. But today, when I think of Xian I remember mainly the bustling streets and the very friendly people.

• Pros:Terracotta Warriors, City Wall, Muslim quarter
  • Cons:none
  • In a nutshell:An interesting city with many aspects
  • Last visit to Xi'an: Aug 1992
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2003

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 11:41 PM

Xian is a must on the list visiting China .Thx for sharing the beautiful picture of the Daoist Temple!

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 1:59 AM

Yes, i love Xi'an very much too. Seeing terracotta warriors i think Qin Shi Huang had over-done it. Thks for visting my pages.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 1:12 PM

Interesting info on Hui Minority, thanks for the link :-)

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 11:40 AM

I really hope to get back to China and visit X'ian. Your pages really entice me. -- Greg

• R.Dettmann's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2003 at 9:53 PM

how long did you stay in China to see all that?

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2003 at 1:48 AM

Excellent page ! Fascinating photo of the teracotta warriors.

• nada1712's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2003 at 1:37 PM

a fascinating page !! Best wishes nada

• Sep 11, 2003 at 3:45 AM

12 km city wall! That and the Terracotta-Warriors impress me very much!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2003 at 1:50 AM

These teracotta warriors are truly a breathtaking sight! But Xi'an as such is really a wonderful city, too! Never made it on top of the city wall!!!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2003 at 3:43 PM

I always wanted to visit for the warriors but I don't think I knew about the city wall. Fabulous to get in amongst the locals and I love your photos. Very informative.

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Xi'an