"Xian" Xi'an by nepalgoods
Xi'an Travel Guide: 1,099 reviews and 3,002 photos
Xian has been the first city in China, that I put my feet on. I arrived from Hongkong in 1987 on the airport and was quite dissappointed by the small airport of Xian. Not really what I expected from a big city with millions of inhabitants!
I was very much impressed by the big city wall, which is about 12km long and in most parts still complete.
My last visit to Xian has been in August 1992. Xian had already changed a lot: now many modern shops and highrise buildings had been build along the main streets. But in the Muslim Quarter life seemed unchanged since ages.
Of course I visited the Terracotta-Army, which was one of my dreams. But today, when I think of Xian I remember mainly the bustling streets and the very friendly people.
- Pros:Terracotta Warriors, City Wall, Muslim quarter
- In a nutshell:An interesting city with many aspects
Before Emperor Qin Shi build his tomb and took thousands of terracotta warriors with him, ist was custom, that emperors... more travel advice
The Terracotta Warriors are an absolute must! They are the guardians of the tomb of Emperor Qin Shi Huang Di, the first... more travel advice
nepalgoods' Related Pages
Xi'an Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The echo of ancient"
- "Xian "Peaceful western part of China""
- "Shifting cities"
- "Beautiful Xi'an"
- "Xian - our stopover to see the Terracotta Army"
- "Qing Ming @Xi'an"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xi'an
- Hotels in Xi'an
- Transportation in Xi'an
- Nightlife in Xi'an
- Restaurants in Xi'an
- Shopping in Xi'an
- Warnings and Dangers in Xi'an
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xi'an
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Xi'an?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xi'an
- Posted in Travel Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg Forum "Re: Trying to identify a cake I..."
- Commented on one of easterntrekker's Xi'an travel pages
- updated a Xi'an Travel Page "Xian"
- Wrote a Review Tomb of Emperor Qin Shi Huang Di about Terracotta Army in Xi'an Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tomb of Emperor Qin Shi Huang Di"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos