"China is wonderful!" Top 5 Page for this destination China by nepalgoods
China Travel Guide: 30,703 reviews and 88,008 photos
1987, when I visited China the first time, I instantly fell in love with this country. China is not an easy country to travel and it is not easy to love China, but once you get to know this country better, then you'll love it!
I met many very friendly people and experienced many adventures in China. This page is to introduce you to the diversity of Chinese cities and landscapes. For more detailed informations and more stories please visit my pages of cities and villages in China!
For a first impression on how beautiful China is please see my travelogue China Dreams
For one of my mayor adventures please see my travelogues Valley of the Dong and River Adventure
For more about Chinese landscapes please see my travelogues on this page (Valley of the Dong) and go to the following pages:
TURPAN, Xinjiang - China
Fine oasis in the desert with lots to see.
AKSU, Xinjiang - China
Aksu itself is not very interesting, but the new road from Aksu to Kashgar, which was only recently opened for tourists, is!
Beautiful mountain landscape with Tibetan villages, already visited in 1987!
Small city in the middle of China's most famous landscape.
CHONGQING and the YANGZI RIVER
The gorges still exist and tehy are impressive!
and for the markets:
URUMQI, Xinjiang - China
The bustling metropol of Western China!
KASHGAR, Xinjiang - China
Famous cattle market onSundays
I visited the market in 1991 and took a lot of pics.
A big Sunday market, to which all the minority people of the surrounding mountains come.
Near the border to Thailand and Myanmar, colorful markets everywhere.
Even though many of the old city walls, streets and houses have been destroyed recently in order to build new highrise-buildings, there are still some old cities, temples and palaces left.
See my pages:
KUCHA, Xinjiang - China
Lovely Old Town and not far from Thousand Buddha Grottoes of Kizil.
Small city with a citywall at the ocean.
Old summerpalace of Emperor Qianlong
- Pros:Beautiful old temples and impressive landscapes
- Cons:Crowded and polluted
- In a nutshell:China is fantastic!
Chinese people like to take pics. Even though it is forbidden to take pics in museums, they do not care. Now in most... more travel advice
A weddings means a lot to Chinese people. Many rituals and customs have been lost in course of history, but many are... more travel advice
- See All Beach Activities
- See All Hainan Island
- See All Softsleeper
- See All Thing you do not want but accidentally...
- See All Vegetarians
nepalgoods' Related Pages
China Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "China is wonderful!"
- "China - My Roots"
- "Paul2001's 34 Days in China!"
- "China by yourself, incredibly easy!"
- "China - the Middle Kingdom"
- See All...
- Things to Do in China
- Hotels in China
- Transportation in China
- Nightlife in China
- Restaurants in China
- Shopping in China
- Warnings and Dangers in China
- See All...
Badges & Stats in China
- 445 Reviews
- 1,078 Photos
- 169 Forum posts
- 32 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to China?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in China
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 43 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos