"China is wonderful!" Top 5 Page for this destination China by nepalgoods

China Travel Guide: 30,145 reviews and 86,059 photos

1987, when I visited China the first time, I instantly fell in love with this country. China is not an easy country to travel and it is not easy to love China, but once you get to know this country better, then you'll love it!

I met many very friendly people and experienced many adventures in China. This page is to introduce you to the diversity of Chinese cities and landscapes. For more detailed informations and more stories please visit my pages of cities and villages in China!

For a first impression on how beautiful China is please see my travelogue China Dreams

For one of my mayor adventures please see my travelogues Valley of the Dong and River Adventure

Beautiful landscapes, colorful markets

For more about Chinese landscapes please see my travelogues on this page (Valley of the Dong) and go to the following pages:

TURPAN, Xinjiang - China
Fine oasis in the desert with lots to see.

AKSU, Xinjiang - China
Aksu itself is not very interesting, but the new road from Aksu to Kashgar, which was only recently opened for tourists, is!

JIUZHAIGOU, Sichuan
Beautiful mountain landscape with Tibetan villages, already visited in 1987!

YANGSHUO
Small city in the middle of China's most famous landscape.

CHONGQING and the YANGZI RIVER
The gorges still exist and tehy are impressive!

and for the markets:

URUMQI, Xinjiang - China
The bustling metropol of Western China!

KASHGAR, Xinjiang - China
Famous cattle market onSundays

JINGDEZHEN
I visited the market in 1991 and took a lot of pics.

KAILI
A big Sunday market, to which all the minority people of the surrounding mountains come.

XISHUANGBANNA
Near the border to Thailand and Myanmar, colorful markets everywhere.

Old Cities and Temples

Even though many of the old city walls, streets and houses have been destroyed recently in order to build new highrise-buildings, there are still some old cities, temples and palaces left.

See my pages:

KUCHA, Xinjiang - China
Lovely Old Town and not far from Thousand Buddha Grottoes of Kizil.

SHANHAIGUAN
Small city with a citywall at the ocean.

CHENGDE
Old summerpalace of Emperor Qianlong

• Pros:Beautiful old temples and impressive landscapes
  • Cons:Crowded and polluted
  • In a nutshell:China is fantastic!
  • Last visit to China: May 2013
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2013

• Jul 20, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Welcome you! thank you for the great share! I also am building a blog on tourism in Asia! would be great if you and others share their experience on my blog. http:/ww.asiatip.net

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2011 at 2:42 AM

so much is similar to how China impacted on me.my pics are all home in Sydney-seeing yr pg Id so love to make mine! haul out the exciting memories of the adventure there on my own, stunning landscapes, lovely people and the very hard work often involved!

• Fesl's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2010 at 8:54 PM

China is a really interesting country !

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2010 at 8:33 AM

An excellent overview & great updates again about this fascinating destination !Thanks for reminding me to bring a "roach-hotel" for Amanda the cockroach ( a small box with the inscription : They always check in, but never check out...)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I enjoyed reading your enthusiastic and informative updates and new tips that you have added to this page since October 2007. Great that you have been to China so often!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I am so glad I finally got round to reading this excellent page :-) I especially enjoyed hearing about the less well-known parts such as in the west. You have made me want to return here when befire I thought I had seen enough :-)

• timada's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Can't find the words for admiring your pages about China !!!!!!!

• Queennie's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 8:48 AM

Wow! I admire you! ;) Love your China pages! Keep up the good work!

• Dec 31, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Happy new year 2008! Nikos from Greece and Emmy from Thailand.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2007 at 9:59 AM

Perfect China overview, reports and photos. Greetz

nepalgoods Used To Live Here!

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in China