Asia Things to Do Tips by nepalgoods Top 5 Page for this destination

Asia Things to Do: 372 reviews and 530 photos

Bukhara - Asia

Bukhara

Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan is one of the most beautiful countries I have visited. Great landscapes like Fergana Valley, high mountains and fantastic old cities of the Silkroad. The blue cupolas and the colorful bazars impressed me much. What can I say? Go and have look for yourself:

Bukhara the Noble
Samarkand, Magic city

And some not know famous places:
Fergana
Shahrisabz
Kokand

• Updated Jul 24, 2009
Near Irkeshtam Border point - Asia

Near Irkeshtam Border point

Kyrgystan

I did not see much of Kyrkystan, but what I saw, was great: great people, spectacular landscapes. Beautiful mountains!. Kyrgystan to me seems like a very traditional country with lots of nature and space. Many nomads live as they live since thousands of years, guarding their herds and sleeping in yurts. I can only tell about the road from the Chinese border high up in Pamir mountains to the Uzbekistan border near Osh. Ohs is such a nice city with a very big oriental bazaar and very nice people.

Have a look on my pages:

Irkeshtam, China/Kyrgyzstan
This small page is a fine example how to make a five-tips-page out of almost nothing: I am very proud of this!

Sary Tash, Kyrgyzstan
Spectacular Mountains of Pamir Alay with Pik Lenin

Osh, Kyrgyzstan
One of the biggest oriental bazaars, that I have seen!

Almaty Cathedral - Asia

Almaty Cathedral

Kazakstan

I only visited Almaty, the former capital of Kazakstan, so I cannot say much about the country itself. Almaty is a nice and green city. Many buildings look very Russian. Almaty is not very old. But it is located on a northern route of the Great Silkroad. I visited Almaty during an organized group tour through Central Asia.

For more please see my
Almaty-Page

House in Siberia - Asia

House in Siberia

Russia

Normally we Europeans consider Russia to be an European state, but most of this lovely country is in Asia. It is amazaing to see the beautiful landscape of Siberia pass by on the other side of your Transsiberian Train Window. I love Russian music, which goes deep into the soul.

My Russia-Page

In Galle - Asia

In Galle

Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka was the first country, that I visited in Asia. after spending two holidays in this paradise i was mainly lost for the rest of the world. Asia became my love! But nowhere in Asia I found such friendly and beautiful people as in Sri Lanka.

I visited Sri Lanka in 1984 and 1985.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

Gobi desert in early spring - Asia

Gobi desert in early spring

Outer Mongolia

Outer Mongolia is still a country for adventure travel: great landscape, many people still living in their traditional gers. Not many roads and not many hotels in the Gobi Desert.

Outer Mongolia

South Korea - Asia

South Korea

South Korea

South Korea is a country of flowers and wonderful people. Dark green mountains and green rice paddies. and along the street the most wonderful red and white flowers!! It is absolutely safe and easy for women travelling alone. Don't miss it!

And don't miss my
South Korea-Page

Taxila, Pakistan - Asia

Taxila, Pakistan

Pakistan

The adventure of my life!!! I did the Karakorum-Highway!! It was incredible! Fantastic landscape, breathtaking mountains...

I was mainly interested in Northern Pakistan with Taxila as the center of the Bakhtrian Buddhist remains. Later I went by public transport - busses, minivans - up into the Mountains: Nangha Parbat, Hunza Valley...

Pakistan

Annapurna region, Nepal - Asia

Annapurna region, Nepal

Nepal

Nepal - fascinating landscapes and animals. I did a trek in Annapurna region and I saw the Rhinos at Royal Chitwan National Park.

For more of my adventures in Nepal see:

Annapurna Himal

Royal Chitwan

International Womens  Day in Delhi - Asia

International Womens Day in Delhi

India

Colourful and mysterious. I still don't know, whether I like India or whether I hate it. I was overwhelmed by the beauty of palaces and temples. And I am still deeply depressed, when I think of the extreme poverty.

More on my
India-page.

• Updated Sep 23, 2007

nepalgoods Visits Here Frequently!

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Asia