"Colorful Asia" Top 5 Page for this destination Asia by nepalgoods

Asia Travel Guide: 266,728 reviews and 729,581 photos

Why Asia?

I visited Asia the first time, when I spent a week in Sri Lanka in 1984. I was hooked by the colors, the beautiful flowers and the wonderful people.

During backpacking in Asia in 1991/92 I visited many countries. In my tips on this Asia page I want to put my impressions into a few words. For more about my adventures and travels you have to visit my respective page.

I am happy, that I now can add Kazakhstan, Kirgistan and Uzbekistan to my map! The respective pages are slowly developing (August 2007). Please come back later!

Schools in Asia

My mother has been a school teacher in the 1950s. She was always interested in the school systems of other countries. every time I went travelling she asked me to take photos of the local schools and bring her schoolbooks from first grade classes as souvenirs. So now I have a collection of school pics, which I want to show you in my travelogues.

This travelogues are dedicated to my beloved mother, who died in 1999.

General tips

I also want to give tips, which in my eyes apply to more or less all countries. This tips you'll find unter "warnings" or "general".

• Pros:Fascinating!!!
  • Cons:Polluted and overcrowded
  • In a nutshell:Old and New - Fascinating!!!
  • Last visit to Asia: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 28, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Thanks for your great page, Ulrike!)

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Some of the sharpest, most stunning photos I have seen on VT and Sri Lanka is just amazing! Grazie for all your work, Carol

• septem's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Great pages, great tips and great photos. Juliana

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Wonderful ASIAN page! You're one great traveller and very nice insights into each country...More Power, Norman :)

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM

It's like a parade of Asia in your Asia page. Great idea, great photos and tips. Thanks for sharing. Bora

• timada's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Wonderful places in Chine .I trully admire so much your photos ! Nice work :-))

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Wow, you've seen plenty of Asia, any must sees off the beaten track in China for me?

• neodue's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2008 at 1:15 AM

I really learned somethinga bout asia.Nice pages.Thank you for your time to prepare these info with us and sharing it.

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Your asia pages give a great impression of this beautiful continent. And you've visited places which are still on my wish list. I'll come back for more i'm sure

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2007 at 2:56 AM

Thanks for visiting my Rarotonga page, Ulrike. A great overview here of a fascinating continent. The Central Asian 'Stans are high on my wish list. Kyrgyzstan looks wonderful in your photos.

nepalgoods Visits Here Frequently!

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Asia