"Colorful Asia" Top 5 Page for this destination Asia by nepalgoods

Asia Travel Guide: 264,579 reviews and 719,912 photos

Why Asia?

I visited Asia the first time, when I spent a week in Sri Lanka in 1984. I was hooked by the colors, the beautiful flowers and the wonderful people.

During backpacking in Asia in 1991/92 I visited many countries. In my tips on this Asia page I want to put my impressions into a few words. For more about my adventures and travels you have to visit my respective page.

I am happy, that I now can add Kazakhstan, Kirgistan and Uzbekistan to my map! The respective pages are slowly developing (August 2007). Please come back later!

Schools in Asia

My mother has been a school teacher in the 1950s. She was always interested in the school systems of other countries. every time I went travelling she asked me to take photos of the local schools and bring her schoolbooks from first grade classes as souvenirs. So now I have a collection of school pics, which I want to show you in my travelogues.

This travelogues are dedicated to my beloved mother, who died in 1999.

General tips

I also want to give tips, which in my eyes apply to more or less all countries. This tips you'll find unter "warnings" or "general".

• Pros:Fascinating!!!
  • Cons:Polluted and overcrowded
  • In a nutshell:Old and New - Fascinating!!!
  • Last visit to Asia: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 28, 2007

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Some of the sharpest, most stunning photos I have seen on VT and Sri Lanka is just amazing! Grazie for all your work, Carol

• septem's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Great pages, great tips and great photos. Juliana

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Wonderful ASIAN page! You're one great traveller and very nice insights into each country...More Power, Norman :)

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM

It's like a parade of Asia in your Asia page. Great idea, great photos and tips. Thanks for sharing. Bora

• timada's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Wonderful places in Chine .I trully admire so much your photos ! Nice work :-))

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Wow, you've seen plenty of Asia, any must sees off the beaten track in China for me?

• neodue's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2008 at 1:15 AM

I really learned somethinga bout asia.Nice pages.Thank you for your time to prepare these info with us and sharing it.

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Your asia pages give a great impression of this beautiful continent. And you've visited places which are still on my wish list. I'll come back for more i'm sure

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2007 at 2:56 AM

Thanks for visiting my Rarotonga page, Ulrike. A great overview here of a fascinating continent. The Central Asian 'Stans are high on my wish list. Kyrgyzstan looks wonderful in your photos.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Fantastic updates here, Ulrike - truly a great page!

nepalgoods Visits Here Frequently!

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Asia