"Adventure in 1987" Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou by nepalgoods
Jiuzhaigou Travel Guide: 256 reviews and 865 photos
When I was the first time in China in 1987 I met a young German woman - Anita - who wanted to see Tibetians and their villages. But in 1987 it was not possible for Westerners to travel to Tibet. So she looked for another place to go. She found two sentences about a place called Juizhaigou in her guide-book. My guide-book had nothing about Jiuzhaigou in it. Just one sentence said, that there are Tibetan villages in Juizhaigou. So we decided to go to Juizhaigou. We had no idea, where this was, what we would find there. At the PSB in Chengdu a girl told us, where to buy a bus ticket to Jiuzhaigou. She also told us, that it would be a busride of about two days into the mountains west of Chengdu.
So this page will be about our adventure-trip to Jiuzhaigou.
This page is only about my adventures in 1987, when Jiuzhaigou was non existent on the tourist map of China. Many things have changed now: there is an airport and many, many hotels. The idyllic valleys and the beautiful nature are a big attraction for thousands of tourists from all over the world. I cannot blame them: it is very beautiful! But I am happy that I saw this beauty, when I was almost alone there.
I put some recent informations under "General Tips".
The name " Jiu zhai gou" means "9 villages valley". The name comes from 9 Tibetan villages in the valley. Since 1991... more travel advice
We spent the rest of the day in Nanping, exploring the interesting markets here. Walking around I found this spectacular... more travel advice
nepalgoods' Related Pages
Jiuzhaigou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "JIUZHAIGOU - FAIRY LAND"
- "Jiuzhaigou valley -- fairyland"
- "Adventure in 1987"
- "Jiuzhaigou (九寨沟)"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- "Jiuzhaigou - A Paradise on Earth"
- "Jiuzhaigou (9 Village Valley), Sichuan, China"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jiuzhaigou
- Hotels in Jiuzhaigou
- Transportation in Jiuzhaigou
- Nightlife in Jiuzhaigou
- Restaurants in Jiuzhaigou
- Shopping in Jiuzhaigou
- Warnings and Dangers in Jiuzhaigou
- See All...
Explore the World
- Zichron Yaakov
- Lovers Key Hotels
- Montalban Hotels
- Crete Island
- Marco Island
- Yosemite National Park
- Woodlawn Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Lebanon Hotels
- Wichita Falls
- Plantation Key Hotels
- Peterborough Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Besar
Badges & Stats in Jiuzhaigou
- 19 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Jiuzhaigou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jiuzhaigou
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
Latest Jiuzhaigou hotel reviews
- Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- China Travel Hotel Jiuzhaigou
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2009
- New Jiu Zhai
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Gesang Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 28, 2013