"Ferghana and the Ferghana Valley" Fergana by nepalgoods

Fergana Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 117 photos

Ferghana - Margillan - Rishtan

I do not have much to tell about Ferghana itself. So this will be a page about the Ferghana Valley including a bit about Rishtan, Margillan and Andijan.

The Ferghana Valley is a wide fertile plain with a long history and some interesting places. For more see my tips!

Next Stop on my Trip in June 2007:

Kokand, which on VT is named by its Uzbekistan name: Qo'qon

• Last visit to Fergana: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2007

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 4:48 PM

very nice tips about a region i read about when in school. yes, back in pakistan, history and geography of central asia were a compulsory reading :-)

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2008 at 4:23 AM

Planning a return trip to Uzbekistan next year, this time to include the Ferghana. Thanks for your insights - you make it sound very inviting. leyle

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Ulrike - thx a lot for the info on a country i would like to visit asap.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2007 at 8:33 AM

It must have been very enjoyable visiting exotic places like Fergana and seeing how the locals live! That's a beautiful looking hotel you managed to find!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2007 at 11:29 PM

an excellent page about a place I hope to visit one day by myself. interesting to see the silk-production and the great ancient architecture there!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Excellent page! I'm looking forward to visit Fergana-Buhara-Kokand-Samarkand one day. This trip is in my reserved wish list. Thanks Ulrike for acquaintance with one of the purpose of my probable travel. I liked the way you tell us about local customs.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2007 at 11:47 AM

I am so happy to be the first one to congratulate you on this wonderful little page on Fergana Valley - truly a hidden gem!

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Fergana

Have you been to Fergana?

Latest Activity in Fergana