"Better known as Kokand" Qo'qon by nepalgoods

Qo'qon Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 26 photos

A big Palace and an impressive cemetary

In Germany this city is mainly known as "Kokand". Here in VT we find it under Qo'qon, which certainly is the right spelling but unknown to Westerners. I am writing about this town as Kokand.

Kokand is not as wellknown and does not have as many beautiful buildings as Bukhara or Samarkand. It nevertheless is worth a visit!

Next Stop on my Trip in June 2007:

Tashkent: wonderful and vibrating capital of Uzbekistan.

• Last visit to Qo'qon: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 26, 2007

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM

interesting yet erudite page you have here

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Qo'qon - Kokand .. who would have guessed? We'll be there in October when we return to Uzbekistan, nice to find a page about it here. leyle

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2008 at 1:41 AM

Informative page - AND excellent pictures ! greetz Love the "When it is hot bath with Fanta, Spite and Coke

• Aug 19, 2008 at 1:28 AM

this has been a fascinating page to read about ulrike. your photos have been great to see as well. my turn for uzbekistan will be next year, and really, i cannot wait!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 9:34 AM

Another interesting page on your delightful travel. Kokand has always been a purl for travel even in Soviet times. But I haven't been there. Especially I liked your pic with beautiful snowcapped mountains on your way to Tashkent.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2007 at 10:30 PM

an excellent page about a place I want to visit one day, because I am fascinated by that special kind of architecture !

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2007 at 10:27 PM

What a fascinating place!! Beautiful pictures and excellent research! Thanks, Ulrike!

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Qo'qon