"Magical City" Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand by nepalgoods

Samarkand Travel Guide: 308 reviews and 908 photos

Samarkand was the final stop on my tour through Centralasia. The city is an absolute highlight, much more a city with life and people than Bukhara, which always seemed to me like an open air museum.

"You can travel through the whole world, have a look at the pyramids and admire the smile of the Sphinx;
You can listen to the soft singing of the wind at the Adriatic Sea and kneel down reverently at the ruins of the Acropolis, be dazzled by Rome with its Forum and Coliseum, be charmed by Notre Dame in Paris or by old domes of Milan;
But if you have seen buildings of Samarkanda, you will be enchanted by its magic forever."

Ancient poem

My next Stop/Adventure on my Trip in June 2007:

There is non! When this page is finished, my trip is complete. From Samarkand we went back to Tashkent and then home.

But there are still some pages to be build from this trip:

Uzbekistan
Xinjiang, China

So please come for news about this pages.

• Last visit to Samarkand: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 21, 2007

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2010 at 3:33 AM

Great tips!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2008 at 1:36 AM

Fantastic page and pictures, might be my next destination Thx for sharing

• Feb 24, 2008 at 7:51 PM

you have done a fantastic page here ulrike. loved your photos, simply wow! i will get here one day, ONE DAY!!! hehe. hope you are well dear. x

• rsleisk's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Oh, I wanted to go to Samarkand so bad when I was in Uzbekistan, but unfortunately terrorists ruined things. Extraordinarily beautiful architecture with the painstaking detail. Excellent photos and tips!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2007 at 1:29 PM

Absolutely stunning page, Ulrike - I love both your pictures and your interesting writing! Thanks so much for taking us on this virtual journey - I loved every single stop!!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2007 at 3:02 AM

Wow, what a wonderful destination, Ulrike ! These mosques look so very special with their ornate tiles !

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Samarkand

Have you been to Samarkand?

Latest Activity in Samarkand