"Trying the Annapurna Circuit" Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal by nepalgoods

Annapurna Himal Travel Guide: 197 reviews and 457 photos

Annapurna Himal

While backpacking in Asia I met many other travellers, who told me, that I should go to Nepal and do a trekking there. After hearing all their stories about impressive landscape and friendly people, I finally decided to visit this beautiful country and do a trekking tour in the Annapurne Himal.

I went into the mountains alone and it was a great experience. But I tell you: Don't do it on your own! YOU ARE RISKING YOUR LIFE!
I was lucky. For the story of my tour please see my travelogues!

• Last visit to Annapurna Himal: Mar 1992
  • Intro Updated Sep 7, 2003

• Kodi01's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Ok I have found Nepal, I look forward to hearing about the country.

• Mar 2, 2011 at 11:04 PM

my goodness what an adventure! and what an adventurer you are ulrike! it must be hard to return, but you surely did the best thing!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Wow, I loved reading your travelogues :-) You're far braver than I am, to trek alone, but also to make the tough but right decision on when to give up! Great photos and tips too, but it's the travelogues that make this page stand out

• mantru's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 4:48 AM

good page..........

• AlfredSt's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Like your story about the trekking. Wise decison to return, however I can imagine how difficult this was. I enjoyed Nepal as well, even with the Maoists!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2007 at 10:49 AM

Unfortunately I never went trekking there because I thought it was too tough for me but I should have!

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 2:03 PM

Another dream - before my legs give up on me!

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 11:10 AM

If every check in could be like this, it will be less stressful ;-)

• oddyeti's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2006 at 2:02 AM

I am very impressed by your pages..and your name of course...being Nepali...it is interesting to see someone (who has travelled the world) with a name like nepalgoods....may we know why?

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2005 at 6:07 PM

Great page - I like this page and the photos.

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Annapurna Himal

Have you been to Annapurna Himal?

Latest Activity in Annapurna Himal