"Osh" Osh by nepalgoods

Osh Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 73 photos

Old City at the Silkroad

Osh claims to be more than 3000 years old. But the impression today is that of a more or less modern city with many Russian buildings and not much to see. It was really difficult to find some informations about Osh.

I enjoyed my short stay in Osh because of the bazaar and the friendly people.

As my short visit to just Sary Tash and Osh in Kyrgyzstan does not allow me to make a page about Kyrgyzstan, I put some more general tips about Kyrgyzstan in this Osh-page.

Next Stop on my Trip in June 2007:

Ferghana

Beautiful city and nice valley

• Last visit to Osh: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 10, 2007

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2009 at 10:32 AM

not a place we get to hear much about - nice little page.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Very interesting destination! Beautiful landscape. Those round breads remind me of Usbekistan.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 4:44 PM

an interesting page & great pics, Ulrike ! In diesen Teil der Welt sollte ich auch einmal reisen...

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 12:16 AM

Wonderful page, Ulrike! I especially loved the bazaar impressions and your very interesting local customs tips!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 2:02 AM

Excellent page with wonderful pics and interesting tips. Especially I liked mountain landscapes. Kumis looks very delicious on your pic! I would like to taste it... Thanks Ulrike for the virtual tour!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2007 at 3:35 PM

What an incredible bazaar! My wife and daughter would have a blast. I'm sure that I'd agree with you, re kumis, U. I never thought it to be something I'd like.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Through your eyes, Osh looks nice and very interesting ! I think, I should have taken my own experience there less serious (bad hotel) and then I would have enjoyed it as well . Thanks for your impressions - and your hotel tip :-)

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Osh