"Lower Saxony" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Niedersachsen by nepalgoods

Land Niedersachsen Travel Guide: 2,413 reviews and 8,078 photos

Beauty of the North

Most of my life I spent in Lower Saxony. I went to school in Bückeburg, a lovely little town with a real prince and a beautiful castle.

Many of my pics are still not scanned. So this page will be under construction for some time. I hope you come back to see more of beautiful Lower Saxony.

Excavations

As I always liked to travel abroad I never really thought of spending my holidays in Lower Saxony. But in the 80s I had the oportunity to help at excavations in Lower Saxony. The Prehistoric Departement of the Landesmuseum was interested in doing some excavations in Wendland and Harz. They liked to have helpers, who spent their holidays and did not take money for excavating stoneage tools. Nowadays they have enough students to do the excavations. But than we had a lot of fun digging in the mud.

In Wendland we excavated some camps of Reindeer-Hunters, which were about 10 000 years old. Only their tools had survided the ages.

In a cave in Harz Mountains we found the tools and some tiny little bones of Neanderthal Men.

• In a nutshell:Lower Saxony - young, vital, natural
  • Intro Updated Nov 28, 2003

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2007 at 9:02 AM

I really love this page of my home province!!! You can add Stadtoldendorf to your tips as well!!!

• Feb 13, 2006 at 4:00 AM

A very helpful page for my next trip to this lovely part of Germany Ulrike! Vielen dank! Maria :)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2005 at 1:04 AM

Just saw your lovely "Morning in Wendland" photo on the homepage & came by & had a look Pleased I did, looks a very nice area to live in. (~_~)

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2005 at 3:37 AM

Great Page, wonderful photos and good tips as well. Nice to see some other nice places in different side of the globe... Thanks

• Colzy's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 7:37 AM

I know I am especially lucky to have this opportunity to live in Niedersachsen and your pages highlight this. I like Hannover very much and have also had the opportunity to visit Hamburg twice. Great pages, thankyou. Frohe Weihnacht :)

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2004 at 12:28 AM

Cute packaging, and nice pictures of Niedersachsen. The remains of human beings found in Lower Saxony is a good reminder that we'll all be gone one day. Thanks for sharing.

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2004 at 3:48 AM

A lovely pg. Beautiful photos, especially the fog in the trees. Sounds as tho' you live in a place you love. That's great. It looks like a good community.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2004 at 6:57 AM

Excellent, well written tips on one of Germany's most underrated regions

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2004 at 4:37 AM

Now I have even more tips for my next trips to the family in WOB :-) Maybe your digging results were what I saw in the museum in Goslar!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2003 at 5:13 PM

Wonderful page about Niedersachsen! There are so many areas in Germany I know so little about and Niedersachsen is one of them. I really enjoyed reading about it, thanks!

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Badges & Stats in Land Niedersachsen

Have you been to Land Niedersachsen?

Latest Activity in Land Niedersachsen