"Welcome !" nepalgoods's Profile
After some hard time in the job, I switched to another job: now I am working for the "Deutsch-Chinesische Allgemeine Zeitung", a monthly German Newspaper, informing and writing about China. I am chief-editor and do a lot of reserche, writing and putting the paper together. Deutsch-Chinesische Allgemeine" can also be found in facebook.
I have been travelling since I was a little child. I love to have a look around the next corner.
In the last 20 years I travelled mainly alone. A woman travelling alone?? Yes, it is the way to travel completely independent. I can decide whether I want to make an organized tour for a few days or whether I want to cope with the hardships of public transfer and run down hotels. I really love this way of travelling. I always felt very safe and it is up to me to meet nice people along the way.
I lived in Hannover many years and moved to Hamburg in 2004 with my husband, because I got a good job there. I still like to show, how beautiful and wonderful Hannover is, this city, which is mostly forgotten on the tourist path through Germany. But I am getting used to Hamburg, wich is an interesting town with a great harbour and some wonderful theatres and museums.
I am a China-addict. Since I have visited China the first time in 1987 I visited China many times. China is a country with many diverse landscapes, big and small cities and wonderful people. I love to speak Chinese (Mandarin), I love the vibrating cities, the colors of the mountains and the smiles of the local people. For more about me and China please see my respective pages on VT. I love VT, because it gives me the opportunity to show you how beautiful China is. Specially since I work for a touroperator, that is specialised on tours to China, my whole life revolves around China. 2007 I was lucky to visit Xinjiang Province after 15 years again. Cities like Turfan and Kashgar have changed a lot. See my pages about Turpan and Kashgar now!
So Beijing, China and Hannover are my most important and biggest pages on VT. But also my Hamburg-page is now slowly growing.
Brielle, home of wonderful VT-member ATLC
28.05. - 21.06.2007:
Almaty - Urumqi - Turfan - Kucha - Kashgar - Osh - Fergana - Tashkent - Bukhara - Samarkand
Silkroad: If you like you can follow my tour and start with Almaty. There are always links to my next stop of my trip on the intro-pages:
Almaty, Kazakhstan - Yining, Xinjiang - China - Urumqi, Xinjiang - China - Turpan, Xinjiang - China - Kucha, Xinjiang - China - Aksu, Xinjiang - China - Kashgar, Xinjiang - China
Irkeshtam, China/Kyrgyzstan - Sary Tash, Kyrgyzstan - Osh, Kyrgyzstan - Ferghana and the Ferghana Valley, Uzbekistan -
Kokand, Uzbekistan - Tashkent, Uzbekistan - Bukhara, Uzbekistan - Shahrisabz, Uzbekistan - Samarkand, Uzbekistan
Stadtoldendorf, Lower Saxony, Germany
Lüebbenau, Spreewald, Land Brandenburg, Germany
Luneburg Heath, Lower Saxony, Germany
Chongqing and Yangzi River, China
With my travelogues I want to tell stories. Some have only photos - some have more words. The photos are expressing a special feeling, the story tells about adventures, that I experienced.
Funeral, Yangshuo, China
Where is Unjusa? South Korea
Yaxchilan and Bonampak, Palenque, Mexico
International Women's Day, New Delhi, India
Annapurna Circuit, Nepal
Children's Dia de La Revolucion, San Cristobal de Las Casas, Mexico
During my travels I visited many places with almost no sentence in the guide-books. I enjoyed all of them very much. Maybe my pages about this villages and cities inspire you to leave the beaten path!
Mehrum, Lower Saxony, Germany
Yining, Xinjiang, China
Even on my pages of famous cities like Beijing you'll find "Off the Beaten Path"-tips. Go and explore my pages for this!
January: Malmö, Sweden
May: Chengdu, China
January: Landeck, Tirol
May: Hongkong and Hainan
"Rely not on the teacher/person, but on the teaching. Rely not on the words of the teaching, but on the spirit of the words. Rely not on theory, but on experience. Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. Do not believe anything because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and the benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."
Hatreds never cease by hatred in this world; by love alone they cease.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,339 Reviews
- 2,906 Photos
- 30 Countries
- 91 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
- Posted in Travel China Forum "Re: Luoyang day trip"
- Commented on VTSpotlight's travelogue
updated their Profile Page "Welcome !"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome !"
- nepalgoods and karambu are now friends.
- updated a Beijing Travel Page "My wonderful Beijing"
- Wrote a Review City Wall in Pingyao Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Hamburg
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 95 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 208 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos