"Welcome !" nepalgoods's Profile
After some hard time in the job, I switched to another job: now I am working for the "Deutsch-Chinesische Allgemeine Zeitung", a monthly German Newspaper, informing and writing about China. I am chief-editor and do a lot of reserche, writing and putting the paper together. "Deutsch-Chinesische Allgemeine" can also be found in facebook.
And on Twitter: @DCAHAMBURG
And of course I have my own private Facebook Page with my Name Ulrike Hecker.
I love you to like my facebook pages! They are mainly in German language.
I have been travelling since I was a little child. I love to have a look around the next corner.
In the last 20 years I travelled mainly alone. A woman travelling alone?? Yes, it is the way to travel completely independent. I can decide whether I want to make an organized tour for a few days or whether I want to cope with the hardships of public transfer and run down hotels. I really love this way of travelling. I always felt very safe and it is up to me to meet nice people along the way.
I lived in Hannover many years and moved to Hamburg in 2004 with my husband, because I got a good job there. I still like to show, how beautiful and wonderful Hannover is, this city, which is mostly forgotten on the tourist path through Germany. But I am getting used to Hamburg, which is an interesting town with a great harbour and some wonderful theatres and museums.
I am a China-addict. Since I have visited China the first time in 1987 I visited China many times. China is a country with many diverse landscapes, big and small cities and wonderful people. I love to speak Chinese (Mandarin), I love the vibrating cities, the colors of the mountains and the smiles of the local people. For more about me and China please see my respective pages on VT. I love VT, because it gives me the opportunity to show you how beautiful China is. My whole life revolves around China. My job is all about China.
Travelling alone has not always been voluntary for me. Surprisingly my best friends are not willing to go backpacking to Asia. But I never had the money for group tours. So, when I wanted to see certain countries I had to decide whether I do not travel or do it on a low budget. Now I am addicted to the free and easy backpacking way of travel. Even though I am now 58 years old, backpacking is still the best way to travel for me. But most people of my age do prefer nice hotels at the beach or expensive study tours.
Travelling alone began as a neccessity but is now the way I really want to travel. I do not want the endless discussion, whether to get up early or late, whether to see this museum or another, whether to take the bike or the subway ...
And I am sure now that I always meet people on the way, people I talk to for a while, become friends with or just meet and goodbye. That is perfect for me, but must not be for others.
It is not always easy to travel as a woman alone. But Asia, specially China, is very safe, and I do not take unessesary risks.
"Rely not on the teacher/person, but on the teaching. Rely not on the words of the teaching, but on the spirit of the words. Rely not on theory, but on experience. Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. Do not believe anything because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and the benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."
Hatreds never cease by hatred in this world; by love alone they cease.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Makati Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Ipoh Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- Pensacola Beach Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,341 Reviews
- 2,923 Photos
- 30 Countries
- 91 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: Educational trip Beijing"
- updated a China Travelogue "Old Towns in China"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Old Towns in China"
- Commented on one of toonsarah's Pompeii travel pages
- Wrote a Review Lazy Bones Hostel in Chengdu Hotels
- nepalgoods and Parisforless are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Welcome !"
- Uploaded a Video to Hamburg
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 80 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 83 reviews, 135 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 25 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chongqing Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turpan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos