"Welcome !" nepalgoods's Profile

Life is a Rollercoaster

Since summer last year I have started my carrier as freelance journalist and social media consultant. I love writing and I love earning my money with that!

I am happy, when you like me on facebook or follow me on twitter: Just look for
bambooblog hamburg
@bambooblog

Recently I have also been very active writing a Travelblog mainly about China:
bamboobloghh.wordpress.com

I have been travelling since I was a little child. I love to have a look around the next corner.

In the last 20 years I travelled mainly alone. A woman travelling alone?? Yes, it is the way to travel completely independent. I can decide whether I want to make an organized tour for a few days or whether I want to cope with the hardships of public transfer and run down hotels. I really love this way of travelling. I always felt very safe and it is up to me to meet nice people along the way.

Hannover - Hamburg - China: my 3 homes

I lived in Hannover many years and moved to Hamburg in 2004 with my husband, because I got a good job there. I still like to show, how beautiful and wonderful Hannover is, this city, which is mostly forgotten on the tourist path through Germany. But I am getting used to Hamburg, which is an interesting town with a great harbour and some wonderful theatres and museums.

I am a China-addict. Since I have visited China the first time in 1987 I visited China many times. China is a country with many diverse landscapes, big and small cities and wonderful people. I love to speak Chinese (Mandarin), I love the vibrating cities, the colors of the mountains and the smiles of the local people. For more about me and China please see my respective pages on VT. I love VT, because it gives me the opportunity to show you how beautiful China is. My whole life revolves around China. My job is all about China.

My Travel Philosophy

Travelling alone has not always been voluntary for me. Surprisingly my best friends are not willing to go backpacking to Asia. But I never had the money for group tours. So, when I wanted to see certain countries I had to decide whether I do not travel or do it on a low budget. Now I am addicted to the free and easy backpacking way of travel. Even though I am now 58 years old, backpacking is still the best way to travel for me. But most people of my age do prefer nice hotels at the beach or expensive study tours.
Travelling alone began as a neccessity but is now the way I really want to travel. I do not want the endless discussion, whether to get up early or late, whether to see this museum or another, whether to take the bike or the subway ...
And I am sure now that I always meet people on the way, people I talk to for a while, become friends with or just meet and goodbye. That is perfect for me, but must not be for others.
It is not always easy to travel as a woman alone. But Asia, specially China, is very safe, and I do not take unessesary risks.

Kalama Sutra

"Rely not on the teacher/person, but on the teaching. Rely not on the words of the teaching, but on the spirit of the words. Rely not on theory, but on experience. Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. Do not believe anything because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and the benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

The Buddha

Hatreds never cease by hatred in this world; by love alone they cease.

***

How it all began

I started travelling when I was a little kid. My parents took me and my sisters to Denmark, Finland and Sweden.

Please see my Personal Album!

Travelling in the 1960s

• Intro Updated Feb 23, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
nepalgoods's Profile Photo

nepalgoods

“Smile and the world smiles back at you!”

Real Name