Sierra Leone Favorite Tips by Ekahau Top 5 Page for this destination
Sierra Leone Favorites: 10 reviews and 10 photos
Friends Internet cafe and store
Favorite thing: Friends -- 79B1 Bai Bureh Road, Kissy, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
The CNET Cybercafé, is located at the C-MET offices at 41 Main Motor Road in Congo Cross, Freetown. The cybercafé consists of ten computer stations, a laser printer and a scanner.
Securicom 29 Pademba RD Freetown tel 32-22-229652
Two Rivers Beach near Freetown
Favorite thing: Sierra Leone Background: Since 1991, civil war between the government and the Revolutionary United Front (RUF) has resulted in tens of thousands of deaths and the displacement of more than 2 million people (well over one-third of the population) many of whom are now refugees in neighboring countries. A peace agreement, signed on 7 July 1999, offers hope that the country will be able to rebuild its devastated economy and infrastructure, but previous peace efforts have failed. As of late 1999, up to 6,000 UN peacekeepers were in the process of deploying to bolster the peace accord.
Fondest memory: Best memory friend TK-- Wonderful beaches Two Rivers about 20 miles out of Freetown.
The other day, I saw a girl with her little brother in front of my house. Electricity, as usual, was gone and the generator was on. I walked close to her and had found her doing homework in the dim light coming out of a hole in the gate. And I knew instantly Sierra Leone has a future.
More Reviews (26)
- Buy someone a future and hope with a...
- See All Freetowns Best Mammy Yoko Hotel Lumley
- See All check in with the tourist police
- Nightclub light
- See All Music village serenade
- West African handshake
- See All Port Loko River transport
- See All Dried Fish is oh so sweet
- See All people wonderful people
- See All one more beautiful beach
- bullet proof vest
Been to Sierra Leone?Share your travels with the world!
Ekahau's Related Pages
Sierra Leone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ekahau's new Sierra Leone Page"
- "How di body?"
- "Craig's Sierra Leone Page"
- "Sierra Leone"
- ""A diamond in the rough""
- "Sierra Leone"
- "Sierra Leone-Land of Hope"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sierra Leone
- Hotels in Sierra Leone
- Transportation in Sierra Leone
- Nightlife in Sierra Leone
- Restaurants in Sierra Leone
- Shopping in Sierra Leone
- Warnings and Dangers in Sierra Leone
- See All...
Explore the World
- Molocaboc Island Hotels
- Kenya Hotels
- Tysnes Hotels
- Libertyville Hotels
- Belize City
Badges & Stats in Sierra Leone
- 33 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Sierra Leone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sierra Leone
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: State and Provincial Capitals"
- updated a Sierra Leone Travel Page "Ekahau's new Sierra Leone Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Buy someone a future and hope with a goat"
- Wrote a Review Buy someone a future and hope with a goat in Sierra Leone Shopping
- Commented on one of kim83_50158's Sierra Leone travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 31 reviews, 178 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 30 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 23 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentonville Intro, 12 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Tomé and Príncipe Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos
- Yemen Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
Top Sierra Leone hotels
- Freetown Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 34 Photos