"Guadalajara" Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara by Ekahau

Guadalajara Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 460 photos

Guadalajara
Mexican Culture

Guadalajara remains to this VTer the place to go to get a real feel of city life in Mexico. As the second largest city it has it all - but not so large and congested. Also it is not the standard touristy kind of place even when you do touristy stuff like take the Tequila Express or visit the Ballet Folklorica it is by in large Mexican people you are enjoying this with. You can enjoy the Mexican people relating to their own culture in there own unique way, this to me is the real treat. It is laid out across wide boulevards, so traffic normally gets snarled only in the very center.

Walking and people watching

Also this is one of the truly great walking and people watching cities in the world. You can walk for miles enjoying buildings as old as 1539 in a pedestrian in a paradise of 20 blocks right in the center of the city. Plaza after plaza with sidewalk shopping next to buildings with classic colonial lines, this is Guadalajara to me hospitable public spaces downtown with the most kind and hospitable people.

• Pros:Big City
  • Cons:Big City
  • In a nutshell:The culture of Mexico - Mariachi
  • Last visit to Guadalajara: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2006

• carolain's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

hehe good pics you have on my city!! what I recently like the most is TLAQUEPAQUE.. this is a small part of the city.. you can find lots of things to buy, a looot of handmade awesome crafts! i love to go there everytime i have a chance ;)

• Sep 29, 2009 at 8:52 PM

THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY LOVELY CITY.WE DO EVERY EFFORT TO MAKE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE AND LIKE HOME. GUADALAJARA,GUADALAJARA.COMO TE EXTRAÑO CON TODA MI ALMA.

• Feb 25, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Your words paint a vivid picture in my mind. My husband was born in Guadalajara and we plan to visit in late April for 2 weeks. Thanks to all of your tips I feel prepared to enjoy and have the time of my life. Any advice on car rentals? Thanx, Franniet

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Thanks for adding me to your list. Looking forward to browsing through your pages. We hope to make it to Guadalajara one day!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2007 at 10:06 PM

I guess I have to stand in the queue to talk to you these days hahahha ;-) ** just kidding ** !!

• AALEX's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2007 at 3:40 AM

beautiful Page Paul lots of great details

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 7:33 AM

Very good page on Guadalajara. I plan on going there eventually to see the city and to visit HEMG59, my friend Amalia who lives there.

• May 14, 2007 at 1:06 PM

I live on Lake Chapala and would like to let your readers know of a great event held each Nov. The 6th annual Feria Maestros del Arte show for Mexican artesans from all over Mexico. Is there a calendar where you would consider posting this info? Gracias.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Great tips! I would love to visit here sometime!

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 6:35 PM

Great page! I enjoyed the nice photos and information.

Ekahau

“""I have a hobby...I have the world's largest collection of sea shells. I keep it scattered on beaches all over"”

Badges & Stats in Guadalajara

Have you been to Guadalajara?

Latest Activity in Guadalajara