"Search for the perfect BBQ" Top 5 Page for this destination Huntsville by Ekahau
Huntsville Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 239 photos
Zion BBQ video Want to know the sense of what America is all about. Well forget Disney World and avoid the overcrowded national parks instead visit I mean really visit a sleepy small towns. Yes, you are scratching your head saying to yourself “American people” George Bush twice? and from your European/Asian/African - view it makes you wonder. Well places like Huntsville will help you understand.
But there are not to many like this with the strip malls, large discount stores and fast food franchises overrunning the byways --most small towns are looking depressingly the same. So to see a place where the locals go to the small eating houses that have been around since the 1930s is a wonderful treat. Sit down with them spend some time and ask why did you vote for Bush twice -- you will maybe understand a little why America is so really different. If you can not make it to Huntsville -- just look at the video below of the Houston Monument being climbed you will understand.
Sam Houston monument climb video
Or you could climb the Sam Houston monument like this guy ---
In some parts of the United States, barbecue is nearly a religion. Nowhere is that more evident, some say, than at the church of the holy barbecue in Huntsville, Texas. The "holy smoke" rises early from the little wood frame annex of the New Zion Missionary Baptist Church. Wednesday through Saturdays, it's praise the Lord and pass the ribs at the church, which serves the need of all denominations of the barbecue faithful —ribs, brisket, chicken and sausage. On Sunday, the church serves the spiritual needs of its flock. The barbecue is close to the church and the barbecue are godsends to the little church — raising money to keep it going and raking in far more than the collection plate. Now, barbecue believers come in droves — making the pilgrimage to the unassuming Mecca of barbecue. Yes this place is famous all over the world as the best barbeque in the world that is made with holy smoke. People now line up to enjoy what many have called the best of the state's estimated 1,300 barbecue joints. One national magazine the gentleman’s quarterly called it the best barbecue place in the world. And, yes the price is right: all you can eat for $11. Some see a little divine intervention. At the church, the minister blesses the barbecue. After trying to find the secret ingredient of the New Zion Missionary Baptist Church Barbecue for 25 years, some are starting to believe it may not be the smoke or the sauce that makes the food taste good. It just might be a work of GOD.
- Cons:Well Frankly the cons this town has many prisons
- In a nutshell:Barbecue -- Huntsville now this is America
Well I had a slightly different view of Houston after reading about his slave Joshua Houston and how he was treated . At... more travel advice
I want to point out that VT lead me to this very interesting Part of Huntsville -- u see I read all the VT post before I... more travel advice
Ekahau's Related Pages
Huntsville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Huntsville Page"
- "Huntsville, Home of Sam Houston"
- "Huntsville, Texas: Home of Sam Houston"
- "Center of Texas history -- past and present"
- "Search for the perfect BBQ"
- "Sam Houston's Home Town"
- "Huntsville, TX - more than a prison!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huntsville
- Hotels in Huntsville
- Transportation in Huntsville
- Nightlife in Huntsville
- Restaurants in Huntsville
- Warnings and Dangers in Huntsville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huntsville
- 6 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Huntsville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huntsville
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: State and Provincial Capitals"
- updated a Huntsville Travel Page "Search for the perfect BBQ"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Search for the perfect BBQ"
- Wrote a Review Sam Houston Memorial Museum and Stuff Houston about Sam Houston Memorial Museum in Huntsville Things to Do
- Commented on one of Winterowl's Huntsville travel pages
Photos in HuntsvilleSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 35 reviews, 201 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 27 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 30 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 23 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentonville Intro, 12 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Tomé and Príncipe Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos
- Yemen Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues