"Republic of Belau" Top 5 Page for this destination Palau by Ekahau
Palau Travel Guide: 278 reviews and 543 photos
Palau or the Republic of Belau is one of the most amazing diving spots on this planet. Opening Video Palau
I stayed at a island of my own for three days it was great!!!!!!! The Rock Islands are the most beautiful sea scene well I have ever seen. Far to the south and west of Micronesia Belau consists of an archipelago of about 350 islands. It is spread north to south over 100 miles form the atoll of Kayangel to the island of Angaur plus five tiny islands, known as the southwest islands.
Palau's profuse, unspoiled reefs offer a wealth of marine life, coral formations and wrecks. Dives begin in knee deep water and plunge straight down to depths of 1000 feet and more.
Blue holes, huge caverns and an immense variety of rare and exotic marine species are easily accessible in clear water with visibility exceeding 200 feet. Vast numbers, not found anywhere else in the world, of large pelagic predators, sharks, turtles, dolphins and many species of migratory fish gather here at a unique crossroads of three of the world's major ocean currents. Land locked marine lakes, accessible from the sea through tunnels beneath the island's steep shorelines, are home to rare jelly fish, anemones and soft corals.
Palau's famed "Rock Islands" are a collection of rounded, foliage-covered isles which seem to float above the surface of the water. A boat trip through them will reveal a number of magnificent white sand beach hideaways perfect for a secluded picnic or adventurous overnight stay. Below the water's surface, divers and snorkelers are treated to a diverse technicolor paradise of fabulous drop-offs, blue holes , breathtaking reefs, crystal caves and World War II wrecks.
2000 video overview of Palau
A simple family-run restaurant with a large open kitchen where a very nice guy from the Philippines (you guess it named... more travel advice
The Germans began mining the island in 1909, and the Japanese continued the operation until WWII. Instead of their... more travel advice
Ekahau's Related Pages
Palau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palau Islands"
- "Canuckmike's Palau Page"
- "Republic of Belau"
- "Palau - Alii"
- "Palau the Marine Paradise"
- "Palau trip 2008"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palau
- Hotels in Palau
- Transportation in Palau
- Nightlife in Palau
- Restaurants in Palau
- Shopping in Palau
- Warnings and Dangers in Palau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palau
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Palau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 28 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 30 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 23 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Denmark Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentonville Intro, 12 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Tomé and Príncipe Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos
- Yemen Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues