Marshall Islands Things to Do Tips by Ekahau
Marshall Islands Things to Do: 5 reviews and 17 photos
Map of Majuro Island Marshall Island - thanks VMI
Well I would suggest you start your tour of Majuro by walking out of your hotel to the Main road (only one) that runs the length of the Island. Than flag a passing car going in the direction of Laura Village which is on the western tip of the island. Very short Video ofdriving to Laura.
Many cars and pickup trucks will stop and pick up passengers charge a few dollars also you can get the shuttle 2.50 one end of the Island to the other. Laura Village itself is really a nice place to meet people and for you Vters who like people shots they are camera friendly. (I always try to make prints of people I take photos of and share). Next try the farmers market and the fishing spots along the road on the beach. Always nice to check in to the Visit Marshall Islands which is in the government center (you will see it on the main road) and near by that is an internet cafe.
Address: MAJURO, MARSHALL ISLANDS MH 96960
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: (692) 625 6482
Marshall Islands Outer Island Excursions
As I pointed out in the introduction which doesn't get read to often. One of the highlights of my life of travel has been the warmth of a Marshallese welcome!! -- really this is something to be experienced. The expression when you leave is you might go but you never leave the Marshalls. No where in the world is this more true than an outer Island of Micronesia.
Outer Island Excursions as they say "Guaranteed relaxation". One can get to 24 of the Atolls by Boat or Air and a number have developed tourist facilities hotels place to eat, diving. fishing all sort of exotic cultural activities to see. By the way you can rent a whole island that right for about $300
I would suggest you start by contact the Marshall Islands Visitors Authority in the link below the General Manager is Dolores deBrum and you will read about her family in one of the tips see if you can find which one.
Accommodations range from bed & breakfast to small airconditioned
island resorts to traditional thatched bungalows to the most basic camping facilities.
How to Get There:
AIR Marshall Islands (692) 625-3731/3733/3735
By ship RRE (692) 625-3250
or you can contact
Marshalls Dive Adventures (692) 625-3483
Bako Divers (692) 625-2525
Directions: **see Map in one of the photos**
Other Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (692) 625-6482
Likiep atoll Marshall Islands
Likiep is a great place to visit it is a large atoll system with only about 450 people living on it yet is a national registered historic landmark. The Island had to two European business men who settled here married into local families and started a copra plantation one guy named deBrums was a Portuguese and another Capelle was German. Anyway in the late 1800dreds they had a thriving copra business and built a beautiful well furnish plantation with beautiful homes and you the luck Vter can go vist and stay at the plantation. The furniture is something fantastic all hand built in South East Asia out of mahogany in the late 1800dreds.
The normal temp is around 26 or 27 C year around -- oh and the sea the beautiful Coral Sea is as clear as gin with the coconut palms in the wind sound all you can hear. The coral sand with broad breadfruit trees shading you from the tropical sun yes this is heaven.
To stay at the old Likiep Plantation Haus it cost about $60 to 70 a night they have 14 rooms an air-conditioned, restaurant, boat charters/lagoon tours and diving.
Address: Likiep Atoll)
Directions: see the Map photo
Other Contact: fax 692 625-5594
Phone: 692 625 2626
More Reviews (7)
Ekahau's Related Pages
Marshall Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Marshall Islands"
- "My Childhood Home"
- "Poorman's new Marshall Islands Page"
- "kwajdream's new Marshall Islands Page"
- "Discoverer Don Alvaro de Mendana"
- "gollo's new Marshall Islands page"
- "MARSHALL ISLANDS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marshall Islands
- Hotels in Marshall Islands
- Transportation in Marshall Islands
- Nightlife in Marshall Islands
- Restaurants in Marshall Islands
- Shopping in Marshall Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Marshall Islands
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Marshall Islands
- 10 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Marshall Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marshall Islands
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: State and Provincial Capitals"
- updated a Marshall Islands Travel Page "The Marshall Islands"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Marshall Islands"
- Commented on one of jorgejuansanchez's Marshall Islands travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Backpackers choice in Marshall Islands Hotels
Photos in Marshall IslandsSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 31 reviews, 178 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 30 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 23 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentonville Intro, 12 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Tomé and Príncipe Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos
- Yemen Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
Top Marshall Islands hotels
- Majuro Hotels
- 1 Hotel