"The Marshall Islands" Marshall Islands by Ekahau
Marshall Islands Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 136 photos
Where the sky meets the sea 6 beautiful video of the Marshall Islands
One of the highlights of my life of travel has been the but the warmth of a Marshallese welcome really this is something to be experienced. The expression when you leave is you might go but you never leave the Marshalls. This Vter had the privilege of living and working in Asia Pacific for 9 years with many trips to Micronesia
The Marshallese people are warm friendly and kind very open to strangers and live in a very interesting and unique society were the clan owns the land and follow the leadership of the local chief and the head of the clan. This is one of a very few societies that is matrilineal and, because of that ownership and inheritance is transmitted through the mother.
The Marshallese language is in the Micronesian group of the languages.
This is a one min clip of boys singing in marshallese.
The Marshall Islands is one of those Tropical South Pacific Paradise kinds of places - but it happens to be just North of the equator so guess it is a North Pacific Paradise. It is one of 4 or 5 Nations made up only of atolls and one of those places that could go under the wave with global warming so better see it soon. The Marshalls have over 25 Atolls made of coral and a few single islands and covers a huge part of the Pacific Ocean something like a million square miles.Majuro Atoll is where the capital of the Marshall Islands happens to site and has about half population of about 35,000 or so. There is a lot to do in Majoro like diving in gin clear water and getting to understand the culture in villages like Laura Village. The Atoll is made up of something like 65 island in a strand around the atoll like little pearls.
Put if you really want to relax get away from it all go to one of the outer Islands and you will find your self in a place time has forgotten. Life is very traditional and subsistence on the sea and sand.
Video about the Marshall Islands being the test site of 68 nuclear weapon in the cold war Bikini atoll being the most famous.
- In a nutshell:More than just palm trees and excellent underwater visibility
I did not stay here but drove by and checked it out because I know VT readers are frequently looking for budget places... more travel advice
DAR Coffee Corner Is the kind of place to go to if you want it eat off the floor clean but you want it nice and... more travel advice
Ekahau's Related Pages
Marshall Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Marshall Islands"
- "My Childhood Home"
- "Poorman's new Marshall Islands Page"
- "kwajdream's new Marshall Islands Page"
- "Discoverer Don Alvaro de Mendana"
- "gollo's new Marshall Islands page"
- "MARSHALL ISLANDS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marshall Islands
- Hotels in Marshall Islands
- Transportation in Marshall Islands
- Nightlife in Marshall Islands
- Restaurants in Marshall Islands
- Shopping in Marshall Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Marshall Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marshall Islands
- 10 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Marshall Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marshall Islands
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: State and Provincial Capitals"
- updated a Marshall Islands Travel Page "The Marshall Islands"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Marshall Islands"
- Commented on one of jorgejuansanchez's Marshall Islands travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Backpackers choice in Marshall Islands Hotels
Photos in Marshall IslandsSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 31 reviews, 178 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 30 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 23 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentonville Intro, 12 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Tomé and Príncipe Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos
- Yemen Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
Top Marshall Islands hotels
- Majuro Hotels
- 1 Hotel