"Turkmenistan a Magic Carpet ride" Top 5 Page for this destination Turkmenistan by Ekahau
Turkmenistan Travel Guide: 212 reviews and 637 photos
The flag shows the five parts of the country of Turkmenistan with each of the carpet patterns of the five Tribes.
"Water is a Turkmen's life, a horse is his wings, and a carpet is his soul." In 8 trips to Turkmenistan starting in 1991 a week after its independence from the USSR I had the chance to meet the Turkmen see and buy their wonderful carpets and share their “Water of Life”. Turkmenistan has a rich history it is where the Nissa the capital of the Parthian Empire the other empire at the time of Rome. It has the ruins of Marv the largest city in the world in the middle ages.
The five traditional designs that repesent the 5 major “tribes form part of the country's state emblem and flag along with their house - the famous Akhal-Teke horse Turkmen tribes are Teke (Tekke), Yomut (Yomud), Arsary (Ersary), Chowdur (Choudur), Saryk (Saryq), Salyr (Salor). For people that really know and love carpets this names really mean something as they are the names of some of the world’s best carpets. Just try typing one of these names in google see what you see beautiful carpets.
The history of Turkmenistan is the really the history of the Persian, Parthian and Selucid empires.
- Pros:Rich History
- In a nutshell:Magic Carpet rich history
Fresh Hot Bread out of tamdyr, a traditional clay oven in Turkmenistan Now this is as about as close to heaven as you... more travel advice
Yes this is well woth the visit it is the capital of the Parthian Empire the other empire at the time of Rome.... more travel advice
Ekahau's Related Pages
Turkmenistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkmenistan: ruins, desert and a mad dictator"
- "Turkmenistan a Magic Carpet ride"
- "I Like This 'Stan'"
- "Turkmenistan one of the few tolitary states!"
- "Turkmenistan - Strange Country...great people!"
- "Turkmenistan: When Worlds Collide!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkmenistan
- Hotels in Turkmenistan
- Transportation in Turkmenistan
- Nightlife in Turkmenistan
- Restaurants in Turkmenistan
- Shopping in Turkmenistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkmenistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkmenistan
- 11 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Turkmenistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkmenistan
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: State and Provincial Capitals"
- Wrote a Review Fresh Hot Bread out of tamdyr in Turkmenistan Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Historical old Nissa - Parthian Empire"
- updated a Turkmenistan Travel Page "Turkmenistan a Magic Carpet ride"
- Commented on one of Bonobo2005's Turkmenistan travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 35 reviews, 201 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 30 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 23 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentonville Intro, 12 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Tomé and Príncipe Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos
- Yemen Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues