"Skardu Capital of the Baltistan Gateway to K2" Skardu by Ekahau
Skardu Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 145 photos
Want to eat the best peaches, apricots, apples and pears in the World than this is a trip for you. Skardu is the Capital of the Baltistan and is about 2,500 meters high (7250 ft.) and framed by some of the highest mountains in the World - like K2 for example along with three other 8,000 plus meter peaks giving it a huge share of the worlds really tall mountains.
The inspiration for Shangri-La are the Hunza and Skardu valleys in northern Pakistan, close to the Tibetan border, which Hilton visited a few years before Lost Horizon was published. Here you to can stay at the A Shangri-La resort named after this "heaven on earth place" .
Skardu is one of the major trekking Hubs and consider some of the best trekking in the world to places like the 3rd pole with the largest Glaciers outside of the poles the Baltoro, Biafo, and Trango and the Deosai Plains
Enjoy three min video of the scenery
The Map below give you so idea of the area and show the new road into China from Pakistan.
This is a 15 min video of beautiful SKARDU NORTHERN PAKISTAN
The Shangrila Resort was named after the place described in Lost Horizons the book by Hilton that was the first to... more travel advice
Ekahau's Related Pages
Skardu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Base Camp"
- "Gateway to Baltistan and Beyond"
- "Skardu - our last taste of civilisation!"
- "Skardu, Baltistan, Pakistan"
- "Skardu Capital of the Baltistan Gateway to K2"
- "Skardu "The Little Tibet""
- "skardu Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Skardu
- Hotels in Skardu
- Transportation in Skardu
- Nightlife in Skardu
- Shopping in Skardu
- Warnings and Dangers in Skardu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skardu
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Skardu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skardu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 31 reviews, 178 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 30 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 23 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentonville Intro, 12 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Tomé and Príncipe Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos
- Yemen Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues