Tristan da Cunha Off The Beaten Path Tips by Ekahau
Tristan da Cunha Off The Beaten Path: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Seabirds abound on neighbouring Inaccessible and Nightingale, some 25 miles SW of Tristan. Nightingale, hardly a mile accross, harbours millions of greater shearwaters, side by side with thousands of rockhopper penguins, yellow-nosed albatrosses, sooty albatrosses, over a dozen of other seabird species, and two endemic finches and a thrush. In addition, Inaccessible has the diminutive Inaccessible flightless rail, the smallest flightless bird in the world. In 1994 Inaccessible was declared a strict nature reserve. On Nightingale the islanders are still allowed to harvest eggs and chicks of the shearwaters.
More Reviews (22)
- See All Tristan Stamps
- See All Mabel Clark
- See All Birding
- See All – the Albatross Bar
Ekahau's Related Pages
Tristan da Cunha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Remotest Inhabited VT Location"
- "Edinburgh of the seven seas"
- "It is small, but it's where I was born"
- "THE MOST REMOTE ISLAND ON EARTH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tristan da Cunha
- Hotels in Tristan da Cunha
- Transportation in Tristan da Cunha
- Restaurants in Tristan da Cunha
- Shopping in Tristan da Cunha
- See All...
Explore the World
- Iloilo City
- Tulum Hotels
- Dhekelia Cantonment Hotels
- Rhode Island Hotels
- Madeira Island
- San Francisco del Monte Hotels
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Tristan da Cunha
- 23 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Tristan da Cunha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tristan da Cunha
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: State and Provincial Capitals"
- Commented on one of Ekahau's Tristan da Cunha travel pages
- updated a Tristan da Cunha Travel Page "Remotest Inhabited VT Location"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Letter and Photos from Tristan"
- Wrote a Review Tristan Stamps in Tristan da Cunha Shopping
Photos in Tristan da CunhaSee All Photos (72)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 31 reviews, 178 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 30 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 23 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bentonville Intro, 12 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Tomé and Príncipe Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos
- Yemen Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues