"Welcome to Ekahau's HomePage" Ekahau's Profile

Following the Footstep of Tintin

"It is far easier to travel than to write about it." -David Livingstone.

"Some travelers think they want to go to foreign places but are dismayed when the places turn out actually to be foreign." -Margaret Atwood.

Meeting people for this traveler is what it is all about it is "working at the coal face". The traveler is blessed (because he is a stranger) to be allowed to meet people outside both of their normal cultural spaces. Put another way travel in many ways is well freedom!!!! Freedom from ones own cultural constraints. And, that real magic moment is when both the visitor and visited for one flash of time share this experience together.

Only the pace changes from place to place

Despite going through different countries I'd got the impression, well, everyone's completely different from country to country, but at the same time we are all human, we are all living the same kinds of lifestyles and all going through the same thing, that sense of happiness or quality of life. Only the pace changes from place to place Africa reminds one to slow down and not be obsessed by meaningless business.

Happiness of the simple life

The happiness of the simple lives of the people living there provides evidence that life can be lived successfully without many of the luxuries Westerners are accustomed to pursue. India provides a similar caution against a view which, says things must be a certain way.

• Intro Updated Apr 16, 2013

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Welcome to New Zealand, Paul !!

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2013 at 12:07 AM

yes my late mother was an Adyghe.

• henri123's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2013 at 4:46 AM

happy birthday,great traveller

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Thanks for your kind comments on Zurich. Still one of my best trips ever! Happy travels.

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Paul, just came across your St Helena page and enjoyed it very much. I have just returned from St Helena and ascension Island and am in process of writing pages on both. Have a look - hope they bring some good memories to you of a great place - 10 yrs on. I note you have been to many other pages on more off the beaten track places. I look forward to reading some of them soon.

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM

If you like Tintin (and NHM in Vienna) I can only ask you to be friend with me on vt.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
      Jul 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Wow i love tintin my trip to Panama and china (the Blue Lotus) was inspired by Tintin. BTW Kiwi heads the VT Tintin fan club LOL!! friend it is

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Happy birthday Paul!!! Hey, I saw that you are almost around the corner where I am :-)) Hope you enjoy the summer that seems to have begun!

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Many happy birthday wishes to you..... :)

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Honoured to be your friend. I note with interest that you've lived some wild and wooly places, including Big Bad Sarth Efrika!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Happy birthday from Germany, Paul, and many more happy days for you to come!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Ekahau's Profile Photo

Ekahau

“""I have a hobby...I have the world's largest collection of sea shells. I keep it scattered on beaches all over"”

Real Name