"Monschau, Germany" Top 5 Page for this destination Monschau by MBDVB

Monschau Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 304 photos

The little town of Monschau, Germany...

I drove into this sleepy little village on the recommendation of a friend who had visited there with his wife. And I thought it was well worth stopping for on the drive to Paris! I wish we'd had more time!!!
We had stayed overnight in Eschweiler, after spending the day in Cologne, and Monschau was only about 25km out of our way. We arrived at approximately 9:00am, and the town had yet to really wake up. It was a beautiful, crisp Fall morning, with the babbling brook narrating our walk through the town.
Monschau is at the bottom of a winding road down a small mountainside, and the drive in, along with the drive out, were terrific. I plan on going back at Christmastime, as it promises to be quite a sight.

• Pros:Wonderful, sleepy little village...
  • Cons:Wonderful, sleepy little village...
  • In a nutshell:Getting as far away from the big city as you can!
  • Last visit to Monschau: Oct 2001
  • Intro Written Sep 16, 2002

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2007 at 1:33 AM

been there several times and love it. The walk up to the ruins is worth doing but be careful if it is wet... I fell and ended up with a good bruise. Happy Birthday - have a great day.

• JosM's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2004 at 8:22 PM

Enjoyed your page. Good tips and nice pics.

• knerten's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2004 at 1:38 AM

Thanks for sharing these pics. I grew up not too far from here, so your photos bring back so many memories. Thanks!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2002 at 5:49 PM

so, u too found Monschau delightful..yes it's a Pearl in the Eifel, tanx for sharing..great pics

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2002 at 7:32 AM

we went there a lot of times...well done,and if you go to discover this jewel,don't forget the whole region :4 borders in one day:aachen,clairvaux,liege,maastricht (germany,luxemburg,
    belgium,netherlands)
    an exploit for american people!

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2002 at 12:27 AM

Monschau is wonderful, no wonder loads of Japanese tourists find the place, LOL! It is not a village but a town though :-)

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2002 at 7:52 AM

You are absolutely right! I went to Monschau when I was 16 years old and I have never forgotten it and have always wanted to go back. I hope so much somebody will take your advice!

MBDVB

“I'm not Marco Polo, you know, but I can hold my own...”

Badges & Stats in Monschau

Have you been to Monschau?

Latest Activity in Monschau