"My Paris Tips" Sandypaws3's Profile

Transportation

I think the Carte Orange transportation pass is the most convenient and least expensive pass to use. You will need small photos... just have extra passport photos taken. We had ours taken for about $14.00 at Walgreens. The Carte Orange begins on Monday and goes for a week... for those days which the Carte Orange doesn't cover, the Mobilis Ticket serves the same purpose, but you will not need photos, and it's only good for the day. However, say you arrive on a Saturday... purchase Mobilis Tickets for Saturday and Sunday and a Carte Orange for the following week, and you're covered.

Museum Pass

The Carte Musée museum pass allows you to enter many museums, without waiting in line. It's also useful for running into a museum to use the clean restrooms. I love the idea that you can run in and spend an hour or so in a smaller museum that you might otherwise have not seen.

Telephoning Home

We found the France Telecom télècarte invaluable to place local and overseas phone calls. It was very inexpensive and easy to use. We purchased ours at the Tourist Information Center on the Champs Elysées. However, I'm told you can find them at La Poste and at Tabacs.

• Intro Written Jan 30, 2003

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your special day:)

• anaglenny's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2004 at 10:36 AM

Hi, Thanks for your tips about Paris! Have a great day

• Mar 31, 2004 at 12:06 AM

Sandra, many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday and great time. Greetings from India . Welcome to India too.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!