"b1bob's Excellent Williamsburg Adventures" Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg by b1bob

Williamsburg Travel Guide: 782 reviews and 1,257 photos

I live only 40 miles (66 km.) from Williamsburg, VA. I have been here many times since my fifth grade class took a field trip here. Friends from France, Spain, and all over the United States have come there with me to see what life was like 200+ years ago in Virginia's colonial capital. acemj and I agreed to collabourate (that is, share photos). He is perfectly welcome to put any of mine that he wishes on his page. Colonial Williamsburg isn't all there is. Busch Gardens amusement park is just down Rt. 60. It was built in 1975 and has come a long way since then. I have visited it a total of 3 times- 1975, 1979 and 2000.

I have brought so many friends here that Matt (from Poland) thinks I should get in free next time I bring somebody or, at the very least, get a serious discount. I would settle for only having to pay $1 for a bottle of water instead of the $2 they charge at the drink machines! In 1988, I brought Pierre from France. At Thanksgiving 1994, I brought Phil who came down from New York. The following year I brought two Spanish friends here- Fernando in July and Javier in November. In spring 1997, I brought that crazy guy J.D. here and his (then) girlfriend took that candid shot of us together in those "beaux chapeaux". Three years later, I brought my longtime friend Eric here on an exceedingly hot May day. In October, 2002, I brought Mark acemj here. Matt and Urszula were my most recent guests to take this trip with me. A combination of all the walking and the jetlag early on in their trip wore Urszula slap out. It has gotten so many of the guides say, "You again?"

• Pros:Step back into history.
  • Cons:Shell out big bucks for everything from soft drinks and whatnots to petrol.
  • In a nutshell:It makes a fun day trip and is worth every dime, for the most part.
  • Last visit to Williamsburg: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2008

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Forget that turkey sandwich, Nat. Hog Wild or even La Tienda would be a better eating option every time!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2008 at 8:06 AM

Sorry to hear your Open Faced Turkey should have been a closed casket affair. Why the distain for mashed potatoes though?

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2008 at 1:56 PM

your tips is featured right now....reminds me of our wonderful day in Williamsburg. We visited the Prime outlets and enjoyed shopping every minute...luckily we had lack of time ;)

• Jan 28, 2008 at 7:44 PM

Nice page! Nikos

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2007 at 7:12 AM

Another page full of memories for me--used to ride the free bus around Williamsburg almost everyweek while in highschool. Meal you had at Hog Wild made my mouth water!

• marcbrazil's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 9:35 PM

Cool info about the "burg of William"!!! I love it!

• Sep 17, 2007 at 2:36 PM

this location has been closed!

• Oct 10, 2006 at 11:14 AM

Your experience is helping my trip-planning tremendously! Thank you!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 8:11 AM

Enjoyed your Williamsburg page Nat!! Hope you do get that discount one of these days!

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2006 at 4:19 PM

Colonial history and roller coasters...my daughter would love the rides but u wouldn't get me on one for all the tea in China! Greetings from Budapest.Tim

b1bob

Badges & Stats in Williamsburg

Have you been to Williamsburg?