"b1bob's Excellent Williamsburg Adventures" Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg by b1bob
Williamsburg Travel Guide: 791 reviews and 1,289 photos
I live only 40 miles (66 km.) from Williamsburg, VA. I have been here many times since my fifth grade class took a field trip here. Friends from France, Spain, and all over the United States have come there with me to see what life was like 200+ years ago in Virginia's colonial capital. acemj and I agreed to collabourate (that is, share photos). He is perfectly welcome to put any of mine that he wishes on his page. Colonial Williamsburg isn't all there is. Busch Gardens amusement park is just down Rt. 60. It was built in 1975 and has come a long way since then. I have visited it a total of 3 times- 1975, 1979 and 2000.
I have brought so many friends here that Matt (from Poland) thinks I should get in free next time I bring somebody or, at the very least, get a serious discount. I would settle for only having to pay $1 for a bottle of water instead of the $2 they charge at the drink machines! In 1988, I brought Pierre from France. At Thanksgiving 1994, I brought Phil who came down from New York. The following year I brought two Spanish friends here- Fernando in July and Javier in November. In spring 1997, I brought that crazy guy J.D. here and his (then) girlfriend took that candid shot of us together in those "beaux chapeaux". Three years later, I brought my longtime friend Eric here on an exceedingly hot May day. In October, 2002, I brought Mark acemj here. Matt and Urszula were my most recent guests to take this trip with me. A combination of all the walking and the jetlag early on in their trip wore Urszula slap out. It has gotten so many of the guides say, "You again?"
- Pros:Step back into history.
- Cons:Shell out big bucks for everything from soft drinks and whatnots to petrol.
- In a nutshell:It makes a fun day trip and is worth every dime, for the most part.
La Tienda ("the store" for those from Roxboro) is located in Toano just south of I-64 and north of the Rt. 60 and 30... more travel advice
Most people from out of town visit Williamsburg via Interstate 64, but they often miss the treasures on the back roads.... more travel advice
- See All Visitor's Centre
- See All Upper Chamber
- Nighttime Serenades
- Gold plated drinks
b1bob's Related Pages
Williamsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pompeii of America!"
- "b1bob's Excellent Williamsburg Adventures"
- "Learning To Love History Via..."
- "Williamsburg - Virginia"
- "My Hometown...Williamsburg"
- "WILLIAMSBURG--A Taste of the 18th Century"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Williamsburg
- Hotels in Williamsburg
- Transportation in Williamsburg
- Nightlife in Williamsburg
- Restaurants in Williamsburg
- Shopping in Williamsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Williamsburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Williamsburg
- 51 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 58 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Williamsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Williamsburg
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Seeing which friends are online"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Charles City: Plantation Country"
- updated a Williamsburg Travel Page "b1bob's Excellent Williamsburg Adventures"
- Wrote a Review The best of Spain in America in Williamsburg Shopping
- Commented on one of deecat's Williamsburg travel pages
Photos in WilliamsburgSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 244 reviews, 480 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 154 reviews, 244 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos