Richmond Tourist Trap Tips by b1bob Top 5 Page for this destination
Richmond Tourist Traps: 6 reviews and 5 photos
Agecroft Hall Gift Shop
Because the ladies at the museum were so nice, I almost hate to classify this as a tourist trap. After the tour was over, I wanted to buy me a booklet on Agecroft Hall which goes more in depth than the free brochures at the place where you buy your tickets. It took 5 minutes to track down the lady who had the key to open up the gift shop. The book only came to $2.61 (including state sales tax), and I hated putting those nice elderly ladies to that much trouble for a purchase that small. The book had all the information I needed, but the gift shop was simply inconvenient. Most museums make their gift shops a little too convenient in their strategic placement near the exit.
More Reviews (243)
- See All Fresh Burgers, BBQ, Hot Dogs, and Shakes
- See All West End Antique Mall
- See All Old Mechanics and Merchants Bank...
- See All View from Jefferson Park
- See All "Qué Pasa" Festival
- See All University of Richmond (or U of R)
b1bob's Related Pages
Richmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Richmond, VA"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO NAT (b1bob on VT)"
- "richmond, virginia"
- "Revolutionary and Civil War History"
- "Richmond (A city of diverse history)"
- "A wonderful walk through Richmond"
- "The Rise and Fall and Rise of Richmond"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Richmond
- Hotels in Richmond
- Transportation in Richmond
- Nightlife in Richmond
- Restaurants in Richmond
- Shopping in Richmond
- Warnings and Dangers in Richmond
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Richmond
- 244 Reviews
- 453 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 170 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Richmond
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Seeing which friends are online"
- Wrote a Review Fresh Burgers, BBQ, Hot Dogs, and Shakes in Richmond Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fresh Burgers, BBQ, Hot Dogs, and Shakes"
- updated a Richmond Travel Page "Richmond, VA"
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Richmond travel pages
Photos in RichmondSee All Photos (453)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 244 reviews, 480 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 153 reviews, 241 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
- Canal Walk- 10 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Capitol Square- 38 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Hollywood Cemetery- 10 Reviews, 15 Photos
- American Civil War Museum at Historic Tredegar- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Museum of the Confederacy- 8 Reviews, 12 Photos
- St. John's Church- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Agecroft Hall- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Old City Hall- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Maymont Park- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- White House of the Confederacy- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
See All Richmond Things to Do