"Where historic figures just pass through" Hanover by b1bob
Hanover Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 18 photos
Hanover, Virginia is probably best known for its famous old courthouse where Patrick Henry practiced law. The small village of Hanover sits as the County Seat of growing Hanover County. Surrounded by centuries of history, this town of nearly 500 people along Route 301 has lodged many famous dignitaries (like George Washington and Lord Cornwallis) at an over two centuries old tavern and has been the birthplace of many notable names in American History.
- Pros:It is still a sleepy county seat of a fast-growing, more suburban county.
- Cons:The historic town of Hanover is so far off the beaten path it takes some doing to get there.
- In a nutshell:Hanover, Virginia is worth the effort to see at least once.
Two Frogs on a Bike sounds like an opening to a long, involved joke or a silly whatnot offered at a novelty shop. It is... more travel advice
Lord Cornwallis, who got whooped bad in Yorktown later in the same year, passed through Hanover on the way to North... more travel advice
b1bob's Related Pages
Hanover Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hanover
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Hanover?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanover
Photos in HanoverSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 250 reviews, 498 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 154 reviews, 245 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 67 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 76 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos