"b1bob's excellent university adventures" Top 5 Page for this destination Fairfax by b1bob

Fairfax Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 194 photos

Most of the tips on this page have to do with my adventures at George Mason University from where I graduated on 18 May 1991. I learned a lot from most of my professors, though I felt as though one or two (on dozens) were trying to indoctrinate me. Of course you know I didn't let THAT happen. When university makes many people more liberal, I became more convinced my small-town values were correct over my time here. I never did really get into trouble. Even when I got sozzled my last night, I never was loud and the party honouring my upcoming graduation didn't get out of hand. I did right well overall in terms of grades. Although I didn't set the academic world on fire in every single class (I did far better in linguistics than I did in literature classes, for example), I do not regret one major thing I did at George Mason University. Some of my former professors might beg to differ with that assessment, but in my mind, the grades were less important than the experience. If given a chance to do it all over again, the result would be much the same.

The most important fond memory of my years at George Mason University was the friends I made. These friends are even closer to me than the ones with whom I attended high school. Every so often, I try to get back there and see some of them.

Despite my best efforts, I still don't have everything I want on here. I need to take a more in-depth tour of old town for more "must see activities" and there are more than the 3 shopping opportunities I have listed. Keep coming back as this page will be frequently updated.

• Pros:A nice safe and clean environment in which to study.
  • Cons:Traffic!
  • In a nutshell:A fast-paced Washington, DC suburb with still a hint of historical charm.
  • Last visit to Fairfax: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated May 27, 2005

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2005 at 9:24 AM

These pages on GMU are really wonderful, Nat...a walk down memory lane. Loved the tip on having fun during winter. Great shopping tips, too. Your description of yourself was fun to read and visualize. Great work!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 7:16 AM

Splendid page Naty ;-D You catch the Lightning, you are a miracle ! I want this meal :-))))

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 7:32 PM

actually the burger looks quit tasty. ;-)

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2004 at 8:38 AM

I studied music at George Mason Univ. I'd rather be in Santa Barbara where it doesn't freeze.

• Mar 28, 2004 at 4:32 PM

Glad to see you enjoyed your years at GMU so much Nat!!! Slainte!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2004 at 12:20 PM

Seems you had lots of fun at school Nat, but glad to read that you learned a few things too and didn't turn liberal!

• fouads's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2004 at 4:33 PM

Good new and update tip,s .

• camilo74's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2004 at 8:13 AM

Interesting page , tahnks for sharing with us

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2004 at 10:01 AM

I like that old town hall

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2004 at 9:20 AM

Excellent page, Nat! Wow, 50 stores in one mall. I am not a big fan of malls, I prefer to stroll along the streets and watch all the great decorated windows of the little stores as well as the department stores.

b1bob

Badges & Stats in Fairfax

Have you been to Fairfax?

Latest Activity in Fairfax