"b1bob's excellent university adventures" Top 5 Page for this destination Fairfax by b1bob
Fairfax Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 194 photos
Most of the tips on this page have to do with my adventures at George Mason University from where I graduated on 18 May 1991. I learned a lot from most of my professors, though I felt as though one or two (on dozens) were trying to indoctrinate me. Of course you know I didn't let THAT happen. When university makes many people more liberal, I became more convinced my small-town values were correct over my time here. I never did really get into trouble. Even when I got sozzled my last night, I never was loud and the party honouring my upcoming graduation didn't get out of hand. I did right well overall in terms of grades. Although I didn't set the academic world on fire in every single class (I did far better in linguistics than I did in literature classes, for example), I do not regret one major thing I did at George Mason University. Some of my former professors might beg to differ with that assessment, but in my mind, the grades were less important than the experience. If given a chance to do it all over again, the result would be much the same.
The most important fond memory of my years at George Mason University was the friends I made. These friends are even closer to me than the ones with whom I attended high school. Every so often, I try to get back there and see some of them.
Despite my best efforts, I still don't have everything I want on here. I need to take a more in-depth tour of old town for more "must see activities" and there are more than the 3 shopping opportunities I have listed. Keep coming back as this page will be frequently updated.
- Pros:A nice safe and clean environment in which to study.
- In a nutshell:A fast-paced Washington, DC suburb with still a hint of historical charm.
Brion's Grille is a neighbourhood restaurant across the street from George Mason University. It offers such things as... more travel advice
Harry and David is a chain of food gift stores based in Medford, Oregon. They like to locate themselves in the more... more travel advice
b1bob's Related Pages
Fairfax Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "b1bob's excellent university adventures"
- "Shopping and eating in Fairfax, more next time!"
- "A Pit Stop for Overnight Stays, Food and Shopping"
- "Fairfax County, VA"
- "asturnut's new Fairfax Page"
- "Fran's Fairfax Page"
- "LoboAl's new Fairfax page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fairfax
- Hotels in Fairfax
- Transportation in Fairfax
- Nightlife in Fairfax
- Restaurants in Fairfax
- Shopping in Fairfax
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fairfax
- 35 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Fairfax?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fairfax
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 244 reviews, 480 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 153 reviews, 241 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
Latest Fairfax hotel reviews