"b1bob passes frequently through Clarksville" Clarksville by b1bob
Clarksville Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 31 photos
This isn't the town mentioned in "The Last Train to Clarksville". I pass through Clarksville on the way to and from my Grandma's house in Virgilina, VA just 15 miles (25 km.) away.
Clarksville, VA is the only municipality on the John H. Kerr Reservoir (Buggs Island Lake), the largest body of fresh water in Virginia. The lake and surrounds offer fishing, sailing, waterskiing, hunting, camping and other activities.
A short walk uptown shows a variety of businesses and restaurants. Properties are a study in contrast, ranging from country homes to waterfront estates, rustic cabins to historic mansions. In mid-July the town holds a celebration called Lakefest which pays tribute to the town's lakefront location. The festival is complete with hot air balloons, street vendors galore, and a vivid fireworks display. I was honoured to show my friend gipper84 this tradition in 2005.
Because this isn’t a regular feature, I put it under general tips. It is only during the Lakefest that Clarksville has... more travel advice
For many years, what is now referred to as the old bridge was the bridge into Clarksville. The Route 58 Business bridge... more travel advice
b1bob's Related Pages
Clarksville Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Clarksville
- Hotels in Clarksville
- Transportation in Clarksville
- Restaurants in Clarksville
- Shopping in Clarksville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clarksville
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Clarksville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clarksville
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Seeing which friends are online"
- updated a Clarksville Travel Page "b1bob passes frequently through Clarksville"
- Commented on one of gipper84's Clarksville travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lakefest Fireworks"
- Wrote a Review Free Lakefest Shuttles in Clarksville Favorites
Photos in ClarksvilleSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 250 reviews, 498 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 154 reviews, 245 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 67 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 76 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos