"b1bob does Arlington" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington by b1bob
Arlington Travel Guide: 484 reviews and 1,166 photos
When I visit my old university friends in Northern Virginia, sometimes I stop by Arlington. I have escorted two of my foreign friends to Arlington National Cemetery. My most recent visit to Arlington included my first ever VT meeting. We stayed at the Sheraton National Hotel and had the VT meeting at the Jaleo Tapas Bar. There are many more places to eat and unique shopping centres such as Ballston Common and Pentagon City, which house many shops but are high rise to make up for scarce land area. The Crystal City Shops go an entirely different route by going wholly underground. The gleaming skylines of Rosslyn and Crystal City are a stark contrast to the historic (shorter, less modern) buildings of Alexandria and Washington, DC. Arlington is about more than the cemetery and the nearby Pentagon.
Yes, the Pentagon is actually across the Potomac River in Arlington, VA, not in Washington, D.C. What is now Arlington County, Virginia was, until 1847, a part of Washington, DC.
- Pros:Arlington is a stone's throw from Washington, DC
- Cons:The traffic is awful and sometimes the layout of the streets is confusing.
- In a nutshell:It's a great place to dine, shop, and take pictures.
In April, 2005, my friend Lee and I got up with the chickens one Monday morning to go to Arlington to attend the... more travel advice
The Econo Lodge Metro was the place my boss decided my colleagues and I would spend the two nights when we auctioned off... more travel advice
- See All Bring along breadcrumbs
- See All Hotel Shuttles
- See All Sweatin' to the oldies
- See All Don't drink the water!
b1bob's Related Pages
Arlington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cemetery, Pentagon, VT-meeting and more!"
- "b1bob does Arlington"
- "Arlington has a little of Everything"
- "Historic Sites and Good Hotels"
- "A Salute to our Heroes"
- "The Air Force Memorial"
- "Welcome to Arlington National Cemetery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arlington
- Hotels in Arlington
- Transportation in Arlington
- Nightlife in Arlington
- Restaurants in Arlington
- Shopping in Arlington
- Warnings and Dangers in Arlington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arlington
- 39 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Arlington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arlington
Photos in ArlingtonSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 244 reviews, 480 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 154 reviews, 244 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos